Basebaaaaaaall

Sorry I was a White Sox fan when I lived in Illinois.
But yeah, hopefully the crazy virus goes away after the election so we can enjoy sports.

New-York-Yankees-emblem.jpg

YUP! Super stoked that we got baseball going. And, just found out T-mobile offers free MLB TV. big thumbs up to them. GO ASTROS

Reactions: jeepins
Sorry I was a White Sox fan when I lived in Illinois.
But yeah, hopefully the crazy virus goes away after the election so we can enjoy sports.
I never realized how little pro sports meant to me until they didn’t start this year. Lifelong DC fan - Capitals, Redskins (Football Team), Nationals, big into F1, MotoGP - turns out my life hasn’t missed a beat. I’ll turn them back on when they show up but I don’t think I’ll be seeking them out like I used to.

Reactions: Cheesy
I was hoping sports would be a break from politics and dissent but it’s seems like it didn’t work out that way.
Absolutely! A couple of months ago I scrolled through the ESPN news channels on XM while driving because I wanted to listen to something other than covid & politics. All I heard on sports news was covid & politics.

• Angry
Reactions: Chris
yep, I bet the league is shut down within 2 weeks. From what I heard ( I know, I know) the Marlin's players went to a strip club in Atlanta while they were there. If true, how F-in stupid can you be!

Yep, I’m betting it will be shut down. Real idiots if you ask me.

The NBA did it right with their bubble thing. While I think all this COVID shit is nonsense to begin with, I do think it’s disappointing people can’t at least have sports as entertainment without some idiots screwing it up.

Considering the intelligent and timely response to the sudden events I think MLB will hang tough, they have a lot riding on this.

Reactions: Chris
I was hoping sports would be a break from politics and dissent but it’s seems like it didn’t work out that way.

I was listening to Pat & Ron call a Cubbies game while building a brick paver patio in our backyard. I used the MLB app to do it. My biggest concern was getting the spacing between the pavers correct.

It was the most normal I’ve ever felt and it was awesome.

(They won 8-7 over the Reds, but their bullpen almost blew it.)

Reactions: Midtenn
I was listening to Nick Di Paolo’s podcast today and he quoted Howard Cosell - “Sports is the toy department of human life”.