Basket's Build

I meant the hitch - is that what the bolts are for?

I don't think I'm going to be able to do that with the bumper I have. Looks like you had space between the bumper and the crossmember, my bumper just sits flush against the crossmember. Guessing I don't want to cut into the crossmember to put a receiver through it?

How about a factory style hitch receiver?

1657898448589.png

Sits like this

1657898482461.png

• Sad
Reactions: lBasket
I meant the hitch - is that what the bolts are for?

I don't think I'm going to be able to do that with the bumper I have. Looks like you had space between the bumper and the crossmember, my bumper just sits flush against the crossmember. Guessing I don't want to cut into the crossmember to put a receiver through it?

My bumper is very similar to yours. The hitch receiver is welded to the crossmember plate. There is a square hole cut into the crossmember so that receiver is almost touching the gas tank. Those four extra bolts around the receiver are to add more structural connections around the receiver.

• Wow
I'm kinda thinking this one tbh. Cheap, angled, no D-ring mounts (already have recovery points mounted to the frame).

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_1X1X_PG.htm
I do see used TJ-style add-on receivers for cheap on FB marketplace, I'm not sure if I want to sign up for installing/removing the hitch when I use the trailer or go to a rockier trail. Thinking...

My bumper is very similar to yours. The hitch receiver is welded to the crossmember plate. There is a square hole cut into the crossmember so that receiver is almost touching the gas tank. Those four extra bolts around the receiver are to add more structural connections around the receiver.
Oh! Okay cool I thought there was more of a gap between the two. Okay so that is what I'd need to do. Thanks I'll look a bit closer and see if my friend and I can make it happen I suppose! That would be sweet I really like the low profile bumper.

In the second photo it looks like you have an angled plate to slide on under the hitch? Or is that just the photo angle

Reactions: jjvw
in the one picture your antirock is not parallel with your frame.... Is there a reason yours is different? An articulation benefit?

in the one picture your antirock is not parallel with your frame.... Is there a reason yours is different? An articulation benefit?

The links are a little too long for my lift size and I can't cut them down any further. I need to buy shorter ones but am just running it as is for the time being. I think it works better closer to parallel but it's def doing something the way it is now

Reactions: MeanGreen86
The links are a little too long for my lift size and I can't cut them down any further. I need to buy shorter ones but am just running it as is for the time being. I think it works better closer to parallel but it's def doing something the way it is now

I had to buy the shorter shafts for my 3" lift.

It doesn't matter much within reason. Yours is well within reason.

• Wow

I left mine angled up some, haven't noticed any issues with it except it can kiss the grill a bit at max articulation.

My savvy cable shifter came apart sometime last week on the highway or in the garage somehow. Shifted fine at Peru creek, had to disconnect it to get it into 4lo on saturday. Looks like one of the nuts that holds the adjustment had came loose - guess I didn't get it torqued right, good thing I got all that manual shifting experience in Moab lol.

Hopefully it's not too hard to adjust. I haven't seen any instructions so guess I'll just wing it unless anyone knows how

My savvy cable shifter came apart sometime last week on the highway or in the garage somehow. Shifted fine at Peru creek, had to disconnect it to get it into 4lo on saturday. Looks like one of the nuts that holds the adjustment had came loose - guess I didn't get it torqued right, good thing I got all that manual shifting experience in Moab lol.

Hopefully it's not too hard to adjust. I haven't seen any instructions so guess I'll just wing it unless anyone knows how

This is why we let you crawl under all the Jeeps to do the manual shifting in Moab. It wasn't because we didn't want to get dirty, we were helping you get experience for when it happened to your Jeep.

This is why we let you crawl under all the Jeeps to do the manual shifting in Moab. It wasn't because we didn't want to get dirty, we were helping you get experience for when it happened to your Jeep.

It's definitely a bit harder with the tummy tuck lol. Edges of that skid are sharper than expected

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition