Basket's Build

Yo.

California right now lol. Sorry I been busy with stuff. I got engaged!
View attachment 389222

She lives out here (for now).

Idk I got a little distracted from the jeep and forum, got the mr2, school and holidays and such.

I have a 2ar/e351 5spd swap ready for the mr2 now
View attachment 389223

Congrats but remember your JEEP comes first.... ;) 😛

Cool deal on the MR2. Have some fun with it.

Congrats but remember your JEEP comes first.... ;) 😛

Cool deal on the MR2. Have some fun with it.

Haha. Really though I didn't get out nearly at all this season I want to be more on top of it this year coming up.

And yeah the mr2 is fun I can't wait to drive it for the first time lol. Crazy how this Toyota shit from different decades fits together so easily. My goal is to have it running before the girl moves in in mid-March lol so lots of work. I also need to fix my tcase linkage still before spring

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
I got this guy on coilovers and started painting it. Man you'd be surprised how good this Rust-Oleum gloss white looks 😂
PXL_20221025_002003604.jpg

K so random idea, I'm continually toying with designing an awesome self-contained camping setup. Was talking about hammocks with my friend and came up with an idea for a hitch-based hammock mount since I already have the hitch now.

Essentially, a mount point for the hammock coming out of the hitch. Other mount point is the passenger roll cage up front (I don't have a passenger seat in). Ideally, have the tailgate door closed with the glass flipped up. Feet at the back, head up by the windshield. Here's some quick pics:
IMG_20230117_132422.jpg

image.png

Kinda a random idea lol. Does it seem realistic / comfortable? I'll have to get some measurements. Probably design it so a tarp can also attach to the same spot from the roof to keep me dry

• Love
Reactions: Austin O.
K so random idea, I'm continually toying with designing an awesome self-contained camping setup. Was talking about hammocks with my friend and came up with an idea for a hitch-based hammock mount since I already have the hitch now.

Essentially, a mount point for the hammock coming out of the hitch. Other mount point is the passenger roll cage up front (I don't have a passenger seat in). Ideally, have the tailgate door closed with the glass flipped up. Feet at the back, head up by the windshield. Here's some quick pics:
View attachment 392852

View attachment 392853

Kinda a random idea lol. Does it seem realistic / comfortable? I'll have to get some measurements. Probably design it so a tarp can also attach to the same spot from the roof to keep me dry

Is that gonna be big enough for you and the future Mrs Basket?

This was what I thought of when you said a hitch mounted hammock.

https://www.mcleanmetalworksmfg.com/

I fully expect her to leave the jeep to be "my thing", she does not seem to have much interest in it

While it's OK to have separate interests IMO it's also very nice to have a partner that likes it.

Reactions: lowranger

View attachment 392852

View attachment 392853

One of my plans for once I learn how to weld so I can make the hitch attachment myself. I thought up something very similar with one of my buddies that I commonly go on climbing trips and ski trips with. Would be a big improvement over a tent, in my opinion.

Edit: don’t think it’ll work with the tailgate closed though?

Reactions: lBasket
hey hey
This was what I thought of when you said a hitch mounted hammock.

https://www.mcleanmetalworksmfg.com/

I've seen mounts like that, my problems with them typically are:
* price
* size/shape
* I'm outside and that will be cold
* I'm outside and my dog won't like that
* will still need to modify for some kind of tarp attachment

Plus if I'm making it I may be able to add other goodies like storage or something else.
While it's OK to have separate interests IMO it's also very nice to have a partner that likes it.
She's more interested in the mr2.... I think it's the flopping around and being in the middle of nowhere for long term she doesn't really like

Reactions: Wildman