BAT- 6.0L Vortec-Powered 2005 Jeep Wrangler AEV Brute Pickup Conversion

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2...9AhyA31m99ulUWT80ESwWRw9PoSC3n9mw6ojkTalBkwqo

Current Bid is $10K with 8 days left in the bidding.

1704049376667.png

I've always loved TJ Brutes. Looks like it may be started life as a rental in Hawaii. I would say that with the extent of the work none of the history really matters.

Up to 15k now.

I've always loved TJ Brutes. Looks like it may be started life as a rental in Hawaii. I would say that with the extent of the work none of the history really matters.

Up to 15k now.

I like them too and this is a good looking one that is setup OK but needs some things addressed. It's got longer lower arms and stock short arms for one thing.

I like them too and this is a good looking one that is setup OK but needs some things addressed. It's got longer lower arms and stock short arms for one thing.

I was wondering how you had even seen that and went back to the link to realize I hadn't noticed the 51 extra pictures! lol and a factory TJ skid? Some things always confuse me when people put so much money into something and then leave other things alone. Obviously it's their money and decisions, just makes me wonder.

Reactions: Wildman
I was wondering how you had even seen that and went back to the link to realize I hadn't noticed the 51 extra pictures! lol and a factory TJ skid? Some things always confuse me when people put so much money into something and then leave other things alone. Obviously it's their money and decisions, just makes me wonder.

If I had the disposable funds I'd still bid on it. IMO It's worth between $25-30K.

2-1/2" of uptravel in the rear?

View attachment 486958

Like I'd said before it's a nice start but needs things addressed.

Reactions: bbaldwin237
My guess is it sells well over $30k since it's at $18k with 8 days left...and someone could still snipe it at the end.

I'd say lol, that's pretty bad.

I'll agree it'll sell for a bit more than what I'd be willing to pay.

I look at it and see the potential. It's got a good foundation. But just my opinion.

I'll agree it'll sell for a bit more than what I'd be willing to pay.

I look at it and see the potential. It's got a good foundation. But just my opinion.

I see it and think it's eye candy that someone will pay big $$$ for. It looks like it was built to sell not built to use. Just my $.02, but ads like this ring alarm bells for me.

This is the vehicle I've always wanted the most. I wish you could still get them or still do the conversions (I'd be tempted to convert mine). This one does some nice things like the LS swap and 1 ton axles, which would be cost prohibitive since I can't do those myself, but it is already at $41K USD and wouldn't be legal here in Ontario (I am mostly certain).

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman
This is the vehicle I've always wanted the most. I wish you could still get them or still do the conversions (I'd be tempted to convert mine). This one does some nice things like the LS swap and 1 ton axles, which would be cost prohibitive since I can't do those myself, but it is already at $41K USD and wouldn't be legal here in Ontario (I am mostly certain).

I'd like one also and as I'd said this one had a nice foundation even if it had some things wrong that would require immediate attention. My guess is that it'll hit over $50K and might even $60K which IMO is too much. Granted it'd be close to $40K to $50 K for you to build something similar.

There are folks who have built their own similar to this & I think you can still get the parts to do the cab. But I'd have to look a bit to see if I could find it again.

Reactions: bbaldwin237
There is a local guy here that I ran into on the trail who built his CJ into the coolest "Jeeptruck" (he has the emblem on the side). He built the frame from scratch, LS 6.0, 1 tons, 40s, Aqualu cab (original hood, clip, cowl, etc) and he build an military style bed out of aluminum. He did all the work himself and said it took his a little over a year. I'll see if I can find pictures.

He wheels the piss out of it too, doing a couple trails I can't yet.

edit: Found one.

308807190_8131372246935145_3811659611888929990_n.jpg

There is a local guy here that I ran into on the trail who built his CJ into the coolest "Jeeptruck" (he has the emblem on the side). He built the frame from scratch, LS 6.0, 1 tons, 40s, Aqualu cab (original hood, clip, cowl, etc) and he build an military style bed out of aluminum. He did all the work himself and said it took his a little over a year. I'll see if I can find pictures.

He wheels the piss out of it too, doing a couple trails I can't yet.

edit: Found one.

View attachment 488528

That thing is sick, would love to see more of it! I bet CJ purists hate him!

That thing is sick, would love to see more of it! I bet CJ purists hate him!

It was already a heavily modified CJ (saw pics of before on FB) and I am not sure what he did with the original tub, but that tub is Aqualu. Only kept his modded hood and front clip by the looks of it.

Ontario is like the rust belt, with salt everywhere, so not too many old Jeeps here left that were ever winter driven. I sure don't drive mine in the winter.

Only found one other photo. Don't know where I put the one I took on the trail.

FB_IMG_1694869646738.jpg