BaT TJ Auction

cjaama

TJ Enthusiast
Build-a-Trailer has been listing a lot of TJ’s recently. This one is up for auction now. I see a lot of rust underneath. I want to comment, but I wanted to come here to confirm I wasn’t wrong in anything I say.

Photos 127, 136 and 141 shows welded in patches to the torque box (the part of the body where the frame is mounted to). The only reason this is ever done is due to rot. I’ll let someone else comment on the quality of the welds.

Photo 133 shows a frame on the verge of rot through and repair. If you stuck your fingers in either of those big holes you wouldn’t like what you felt.

Looking more closely at photo 24 108, it looks like there was an attempt to mitigate rust on the rear of the body. Below the passenger tail light and the entire body panel below the tailgate are heavily prone to rust. The tailgate hinges look like they’ve been painted over rust.

I’m curious what the floor boards look like under the carpet.

Pic 106 he is literally painting the frame

BF23ACE9-6870-469D-9A96-C7AD94E8FA88.jpg

There is rust on the frame that has been covered up with paint or undercoating. If that were my jeep, I would check the inside of the frame and prepare to clean and coat the inside, and wire wheel the outside, topped with a coat or primer and paint. Even after that, I'd cross my fingers that cured the problem. The picture of the door hinges also showed some rust.

That site is such a joke these days, seriously.

Idiots with more money than brains :ROFLMAO:

D11023D8-D523-4B43-811C-4F479BFF078C.png
Who on here is Aljcars??? Nice post! Lol touching up surface rust with rustoleum and a qtip! Haha I have heard it all. His paint roller is in the back of that rust bucket.

Did you comment on BAT?? Lol

Yes I did, and here is the reply...I don't expect to see another bid on this. I am aljcars.

Screenshot_20200124-081620.jpg

That site is such a joke these days, seriously.

Idiots with more money than brains :ROFLMAO:

This site drives me bonkers as I keep getting outbid by these uneducated buyers. I have been looking for a specific 3000 GT VR-4 and I generally bid a reasonable amount but one time (not at band camp) I got outbid by a guy. The guy then contacted me (tagged me in a comment section of another auction) to see if I wanted to buy the car from him as he didn't want it. I actually got a temporary ban from the site when I asked to take it for a test ride.

View attachment 136244Who on here is Aljcars??? Nice post! Lol touching up surface rust with rustoleum and a qtip! Haha I have heard it all. His paint roller is in the back of that rust bucket.

That would be I said the fly. Created a secondary email with that screenname for purchasing goods, or bidding through auctions like BaT and eBay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris