Batterie+ Bulbs

explorerlyon

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Rant on: I stop into a local Batteries+Bulbs to see if I can buy either an X2(rebranded Northstar) or Odyssey for my LJ. I knew I would likely have to order (but they are on their website). The franchise owner proceeds to berate me about why I would want one of those batteries when their Duracell AGM is the exact same battery for less. Proceeds to tell me how horrible those batteries are and that he won't even warranty them if I was to order one. He got really pissed when I said, I am sure the Duracell AGM is good, but if it is the exact same battery, why are the specs different and it weighs 8 pounds less? Basically got thrown out of the store. Does anyone buy at Batteries+Bulbs? I will never go there again. Rant off.

Went over to AutoZone and ordered and Odyssey. Have it in 2 days. I have 7 batteries between vehicles and boat. All I want is a shop that serves the customer and will warranty the occasional battery. Maybe in the future whatever NAPA has for AGM is the way to go. Don't have a battery specialty shop near me.

Hmmmm. I've been in Batteries+Bulbs 2 or 3 times, and wasn't particularly impressed. The knowledge level reminded me of Radio Shack back in the day, and they usually didn't have what I was looking for. YMMV and all that.

Interesting that you bring up AutoZone - I'm starting to find that their prices on oddball stuff are often hard to beat. Needed a chickenshit part for my new-to-me-but-old Warn M8000 that was anywhere from $25 to $40 everywhere else, AutoZone had it for $14. Had to order it, but so what? Ditto that on a BullDog raised winch plate - they have the best price I've seen on a new one. If I can't find a used one somewhere, I'll buy the BullDog from AutoZone. *shrug*

Mine is good. I bought a Duracell AGM from them but that’s what I was after when I compared specs and price and the full 60 month warranty won me over.

They didn’t even argue when I wanted the non stock size (for our 4Runner, run a fridge, lights, winch, etc) .

Sounds like a review of the store is in order! I assume they are franchised so....

Rant on: I stop into a local Batteries+Bulbs to see if I can buy either an X2(rebranded Northstar) or Odyssey for my LJ. I knew I would likely have to order (but they are on their website). The franchise owner proceeds to berate me about why I would want one of those batteries when their Duracell AGM is the exact same battery for less. Proceeds to tell me how horrible those batteries are and that he won't even warranty them if I was to order one. He got really pissed when I said, I am sure the Duracell AGM is good, but if it is the exact same battery, why are the specs different and it weighs 8 pounds less? Basically got thrown out of the store. Does anyone buy at Batteries+Bulbs? I will never go there again. Rant off.

Went over to AutoZone and ordered and Odyssey. Have it in 2 days. I have 7 batteries between vehicles and boat. All I want is a shop that serves the customer and will warranty the occasional battery. Maybe in the future whatever NAPA has for AGM is the way to go. Don't have a battery specialty shop near me.
He wasn't lying when he said he wouldn't warranty it. I went through that with them well inside the warranty period although it was an actual Northstar I bought from their website. It died, I hauled it and my happy ass down to the local store, got told to pound sand. Fortunately, there is a Northstar dealer who took pity on me and covered it.

Reactions: explorerlyon