Battery Issues After multiple jumps

RoseGirl

Hey guys, I have a 98' that is having battery issues. The first time it died, I believed it to be mod lights (wheel well lights) that were left on. I jumped it and started right up but shut the jeep off too soon so the alternator didn't charge it. After trying to jump it again, I realized the battery terminal was breaking. I replaced it and reconnected the mod lights (light bars and wheel well). I had a truck try to jump it and after about 10-15 minutes of charge, it finally started up. I left it on a good amount of time before shutting it off and then tried starting it again to make sure. It started right away. However, 2 days later, I go out to start the damn thing and the lightbar on/off switch is lit stating they are off, however the jeep won't start. The on/off switch goes off when trying to start the jeep but once I pull the key out, the on/off switch lights up. Does anyone know what the issue could be? I am going to take the battery to autozone after work to check that.

Seems odd to me that the light is on to indicate off... If the light is on then it's drawing power from the battery while the jeep is off. It's probably not much draw, but seems counterintuitive. If the battery is old, it may just be exhausted. Could be time for a new battery.

Reactions: RoseGirl