Battery issues?

SazonRjd

HELP: a couple days ago i was having issues with my starter. I replaced the starter and the alternator all together. Drove perfectly for one day, by the end of the night i try to start it up and the battery was dead. I check on it the next morning and all the gauges/dashboard lights are on. I proceed with a jump. I attempt to turn over and all it does is click rapidly. What could be the issue?

What kind of condition are the battery terminals in? Are they tight?

The cables as well? you really need to get a DVM and check voltages at the battery and starter to self diagnose what going on. Just cause the lights worked dosent mean the starter will start or even turn the engine if the cables or connections are weak or dirty.

Reactions: Gollywomper
Thank you for this. I didn’t even think to check the battery terminals. But yes they were loose.
Corroded, dirty, or simply loose battery connections cause a LOT of problems. Even when the battery connections look good they can be bad and the source of intermittent problems.

You can buy a simple battery cleaner that will clean the terminals and the cable clamps for a few dollars at any auto parts store.

battery cleaner.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford