Bay Area TJ

BC Moto

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hello all Chris here from CA Bay Area, im new to jeeps but not to the automotive world, I am a welder fabricator and have helped build some nice vehicles and things that go fast. I picked up a 03 TJ sport manual trans and from what I read on the forums I have a 4in lift also with 33's. It has the dana 30/35 for axles, My friend told me to be cautious because it has 33's and it will break the axles so I need to do some upgrades. I am debating on either keep this one and do axle swaps front and rear with axles from a JK possibly. Maybe buy a newer jeep with those axles and go from there. Well I hope to learn alot here and do a fun build.

20210525_195529.jpg

20210525_195553.jpg

Reactions: Alex01 and Chris
Welcome from the north end! The front Dana 30 will be fine on 33's. For the Dana 35, you could do a super 35 kit, or find a doner Dana 44. Check our the NorCal threads for local stuff.

Reactions: Alex01
Welcome from the north end! The front Dana 30 will be fine on 33's. For the Dana 35, you could do a super 35 kit, or find a doner Dana 44. Check our the NorCal threads for local stuff.
Thanks for the info. I am looking for axles now and found some just out of my budget right now but I do want to run 37s

Thanks for the info. I am looking for axles now and found some just out of my budget right now but I do want to run 37s
Welcome from the extreme eastern part of the state (Pennsylvania :LOL:), great color rig, one day I'll paint mine green.

I don't think you can modify the axles you have for 37s, I'd be looking at axles beyond anything Jeep put under TJs.

Hi Chris! I just joined the forum after putting a deposit yesterday on a 2000 TJ sport that looks very similar to yours but not lifted. Mine has the 30/35 axles too, and has a 5spd manual. Same color too... I'm in the Bay Area as well, maybe we should get together and compare jeeps!

Thanks,
Alex.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledge here so dont be afraid to ask questions. Great group of people here🍻