BBQ Brisket

Trod286

TJ Enthusiast
16 to 20 hr Smoke. Prime Beef. Its gonna be a long night.

20210613_150041.jpg

20210613_152300.jpg

I bought one from Sam's about 2 weeks ago at $4.77 lb. I thought that was a good price. Nice!
Yup bought one today for that price tp replace this one. This one was in my deep freezer for 2 month and needed to find enough people to eat it. So Grandmas Birthday is tomorrow so gonna surprise the house and family with it.

Reactions: B252
I would load up at that price...I would love to take some of that and formulate a custom grind for burgers, I was think of 75% brisket, 20% pork belly and the balance of homemade bacon in the grind. Anyone ever come up with their own custom grind?
I’ve always wanted to but never gone down that path.

I was going to ask you about that, post up some pics, not sure I could pony up that much $$ for one but maybe...I am sure i have spent more for less plenty of times.
The pellet smokers are definitely worth it if you enjoy doing it. The meat is awesome and there are so many different ways to smoke different cuts.

The only thing I can’t get to taste right is ground beef. No matter how I season it or what pellets I use or how I vary smoke times, ground beef ALWAYS tastes like low quality bologna to me. GF doesn’t agree but it’s all I can taste.

Reactions: WSS
I was going to ask you about that, post up some pics, not sure I could pony up that much $$ for one but maybe...I am sure i have spent more for less plenty of times.
I'm like 8 or 9 weeks into a 2-4 week delivery so I'm not sure I'd pony up that much again.

The pellet smokers are definitely worth it if you enjoy doing it. The meat is awesome and there are so many different ways to smoke different cuts.

The only thing I can’t get to taste right is ground beef. No matter how I season it or what pellets I use or how I vary smoke times, ground beef ALWAYS tastes like low quality bologna to me. GF doesn’t agree but it’s all I can taste.
Pellet smokers are a game changer for sure. If you can read a thermometer, you too can be a successful BBQer. :cool:

I'm not in love with hamburgers in the smoker. I usually just turn the temp up if I use the smoker, but I'd rather do burgers on a charcoal grill. I think it has to do with the Maillard reaction you get with the browning and searing of meat. It's just not the same, no matter how high you turn the temp up on a pellet grill, unless you have sear plates. I don't have any sear plates yet, so when we do steaks, I'll take them off 5-10° early, and sear them in a cast iron skillet with butter.

Pellet smokers are a game changer for sure. If you can read a thermometer, you too can be a successful BBQer. :cool:

I'm not in love with hamburgers in the smoker. I usually just turn the temp up if I use the smoker, but I'd rather do burgers on a charcoal grill. I think it has to do with the Maillard reaction you get with the browning and searing of meat. It's just not the same, no matter how high you turn the temp up on a pellet grill, unless you have sear plates. I don't have any sear plates yet, so when we do steaks, I'll take them off 5-10° early, and sear them in a cast iron skillet with butter.

yeah, everything else turns out great, just the ground beef sucks. I have another gas grill I use for burgers, steaks or anything that needs high temp.

Reactions: B252