BC Fires

No kidding- and the people in California, too! It seems like the whole west coast is on fire. My sister texted me a picture of her workplace in Berkeley being evacuated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58
No kidding- and the people in California, too!.

Honestly, I can't remember a time where California wasn't on fire. Seems like every single Summer it's on fire. It's amazing there's any trees left at all.

Honestly, I can't remember a time where California wasn't on fire. Seems like every single Summer it's on fire. It's amazing there's any trees left at all.
I think it's mostly scrub in Southern California, not really trees. They've got trees in Northern California just like Southern Oregon though, and those burn on a regular basis too.

Every year it's a fire crisis down there someplace. You'd think Californians would be used to it by now.

I think it's mostly scrub in Southern California, not really trees. They've got trees in Northern California just like Southern Oregon though, and those burn on a regular basis too.

Every year it's a fire crisis down there someplace. You'd think Californians would be used to it by now.

It just seems like anytime I read the news, California is on fire. I guess that's the last of their problems though!

You're probably right about the scrub though.

In the Mid-Columbia basin region of WA state, we have an air quality alert until next wednesday. Very hazy and smoky here. Ugh.

It just keeps getting thicker around here. You can smell burnt trees in the air now and visibility is down to probably a mile and some in the valley.

Picture out a window right now to a hill about a mile away. Click the Current AQI tab from link below (use site for all of the US to see your area).

What a mess... The whole west of the US and BC is just clobbered.

https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_state&stateid=49&mapcenter=0&tabs=0

haze.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
an update on BC Fires. Today at noon. ALL vehicles must stay on maintained road surfaces. And quads, dirt bikes etc are banned completely from operating on crown land...

The area affected is about the size of Washington State.

Yeah, thanks guys all is well in the Arrow Lakes. Honestly I saw how bad the situation was on July 8th and I've rarely been off pavement since. And never "off road".

They say this is BCs worst fire season since 1957.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0208-001391

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58 and Chris
It must be bad. All of Seattle is under a unhealthy air warning by the EPA, and most of the Willamette Valley down here in Oregon (including where I'm at) is covered in tons and tons of smoke. I hope they get this under control!