Be sure to check your tire pressure gauge

broken scope

Just thought l might help someone. It appears tire pressure is very critical on a jeep for a good ride but l bet most use a cheap tire pressure gauge or one that is not very accurate. I had one that was way off before i realized it. So you might want to get a good one to check air pressure with l bet a lot of people will be real surprized.

Next time you're in the tire shop . . (back part where the real work is done)
Ask the tire man what he uses. Often he'll just give you the one in his pocket.
Their gauges are generally good quality and accurate.
Buying tires from them helps . . .

What good air gauge do you recommend?

How would we really know if there even is such a thing?

Not too long before digital gauges I realized that between everyone in my family we had about a dozen different gauges. Some pencils and some with dials. I figured I'd try them all out on the same tire and found that the readings varied almost 15 PSI and only 2 of the 12 read the same and who would know if they were even accurate. I bought a new one at the time and it read either higher or lower than all the others. I don't remember which, if any, I decided to use.

Today I have two different digital gauges. They read about 3 PSI different and neither quite matched the reading on the dashboard of my former Pontiac. I hated that Pontiac but it's TPMS, while probable no better than any other gauge, was consistent, unlike the TPMS in my daughters Chevy Cobalt which sometimes varies by just flipping through the information screen.

This is the only type of gauge I use from tractors to semis. Milton is good quality

c3d7d4acaf5dcc9b259e2471a44678a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Head Lice
The only place I have been able to rely on a pressure reading is at the race track at the tire dealer where they mount the race tires. I have been able to compare my gauge against theirs. The tire representatives should have very accurate gauges and everyone who uses their tires can therefore be certain they are running pressures very near manufacturers recommendations.