Beach Jeep Mods

My only concern with the 7 inch fender flares, is that my tires are going to stick out enough to make it look flush. It may be time for some wheel spacers or different wheels with different backspacing.

Reactions: JP13
Well mine should be good. I bought it with these wheels so not sure what size they are. I get all kinds of mud thrown up on my doors and hood now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well mine should be good. I bought it with these wheels so not sure what size they are. I get all kinds of mud thrown up on my doors and hood now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My wheels are sticking out about 1" past my stock Rubicon flares, so we will see.

I too am also getting mud everywhere!

Reactions: NDSpeed
6" Flare with ProComp 17x8 Rims, 4.25 Backspace, 245/75R17 KOs

AEV, ProComp.jpg

"EFFECTIVE" TIRE OVERLAP

Hello,

Currently, my stock 10-A Rubicon fenders do Not overlap the stock BFG 265-70/R17 " Mud-Terrain" T/A tires.
However, when I drive on a tipcal South Florida gravel road at approximately 15-20+ MPH, I notice that some of the small rocks can get caught in the tire treads; get picked up from the Front Tires and protected "both " backwards and forwards, depending on the Front Tire Steering Angle configuration and subsequently causing smart nickis the rear fender tire paint.

My next project will be to install a set of Husky Custom Molded Mud Guards. These should reduce the amount of gravel and mud that gets projected to the side of the entire Jeep.

I will try to upload a photo of the product.

SAFETY NOTE: Here in Miami I often see other Jeeps with stubby type body-armor, "without" effective tire overlap.

These rigs Look Great on paved roads, however, I would not like to drive near one of them on a gravel road, when they start flinging rocks, "both" forward & backwards.

Depending on the direction/ angle of the Front Tires; there "may be" some driving situations where the Front Tires "can " project small rocks that may cause unintended consequential damage to their own rig and windshield.

Even with the stock configuration, I be seen mud and small rocks land on the front hood- fenders and top, depending on the steering wheel/ tires angle.

I hope this helps.

Stay safe,

ELBRAVO

Reactions: Chris
Actually, I do!

Why the yellow top instead of the red top? It's been so long I can't even remember which one is better for what.
I do too!
The yellow top is dual purpose and the red top is just a starting battery. Supposedly dual purpose is better for all the auxiliary power needed for winches, light bars and such . I haven't even read the sheet that came with it that tells about the differences.

Reactions: Bermudacat
I do too!
The yellow top is dual purpose and the red top is just a starting battery. Supposedly dual purpose is better for all the auxiliary power needed for winches, light bars and such . I haven't even read the sheet that came with it that tells about the differences.

Good point. I'd rather have the dual purpose on my rig for powering a winch, lights, etc.

I use the Blue Top (light gray case) deep cycle on my crawler with a 105 amp alt, it has electric fans for the transmission, power steering coolers and one on the radiator for engine cooling plus a 8724 warn winch. They say that OPTIMA quality has suffered but you cant prove it by me, been running a Red top in a F150 Heritage since 2005.

Jason

Reactions: Chris