Beach Jeep Mods

Front BedRug is in. Guess I better order the back now.
View attachment 10748
How do you like it? Did you use the heat sheild? Is it worth the hype? A lot of people love to bedline their rigs but what most people don't know is that it is that it's not good for dogs feet if your Jeep has been in the sun for a while. I'd like to bed line the floor boards and then lay a bed rug over it. That's what we did with our Jeepster.

Reactions: PhantomX
How do you like it? Did you use the heat sheild? Is it worth the hype? A lot of people love to bedline their rigs but what most people don't know is that it is that it's not good for dogs feet if your Jeep has been in the sun for a while. I'd like to bed line the floor boards and then lay a bed rug over it. That's what we did with our Jeepster.
Haven't been anywhere yet. I'll let you know end of week. That's what I might do with the bedliner as well.

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Haven't been anywhere yet. I'll let you know end of week. That's what I might do with the bedliner as well.
The bed liner is nice because it makes the floorboards durable and prevents rust. It also serves as some insulation. The bed rug on top of it is nice for the carpet and more insulation. We love ours in the Jeepster. Easy to vacuum out.

Wired up a couple of toggle switches for the lockers. I had rocker switches that are on the left in the original switch pod but didn't like the ease that they turned on with. These toggle switches are a lot better. I would have used the original switches in the switch pod but really don't like the look of them. Plus these are blue. I still need to fill in above the switches with something.
20170223_183039-720x1280.jpg
20170223_183213-720x1280.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
Ohhhh! Well that makes it much better. I thought you were driving around with them lit up like that all the time! Now that would annoy the piss out of me.

Reactions: Kevin E
Haven't been here in a while. Decided to do a bit more to my stereo system. Just ordered a Rockford Fosgate PS-8 to go under front seat. I have plenty of sound now just not enough bass. Gotta have my tunes!!

Reactions: bobthetj03 and JMT
I've got a PS-8 and love mine. Let me know how you like it.

Reactions: Kevin E
I've got a PS-8 and love mine. Let me know how you like it.
Will I still be able to use my current amp for the 4 main speakers? It doesn't have an output for sub. Head unit is also Kenwood that has an output for sub. I'm sure it will make more sense once I start the install. Just trying to figure it out beforehand.

Will I still be able to use my current amp for the 4 main speakers? It doesn't have an output for sub. Head unit is also Kenwood that has an output for sub. I'm sure it will make more sense once I start the install. Just trying to figure it out beforehand.
Where did you get the custom boot? I need to find a replacement for the crappy stock one on my 97 TJ. It drives me crazy

Where did you get the custom boot? I need to find a replacement for the crappy stock one on my 97 TJ. It drives me crazy
Red line goods. Page 8 post #10 there's a link.
Mine was all torn up from P.O. and had this one made. Very good quality

Reactions: PhantomX
I can't see why not. If it's already hooked up to the 4 main speakers you wouldn't need to change a thing there. You'll use the pre-amp outs on your Kenwood to run to your PS-8 for the signal. There will be a red power with an inline 30A glass fuse to go from your battery to the PS-8. Find a good place to come through the firewall. I went in front of the drivers side above the pedals and under my carpet. Don't run these two side-by-side as it can create interference. There is a blue remote line which if you hook up to the Kenwood and run to the PS-8 will turn on the PS-8 when the Kenwood comes on. It doesn't have to be used but I like it best since there will be a slight delay if you don't. There is a ground wire (which was too short for my install). Make sure and sand off any paint if you ground to painted surfaces. You will need two ring connectors that do not come with the PS-8. One for connecting to the battery terminal and the other for the ground. Pretty straightforward. The instructions were good. Also, there is a sub control knob. I didn't install it at first but did later and am glad I did. It just plugs into the PS-8 and you can mount it wherever it is convenient for you.

Reactions: bobthetj03