Beach Jeep

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Checking out the beach with my grandson. I bought this jeep just for this purpose and will slowly be upgrading all the necessities.
Hayden Shell Bank thumbs up.jpg

It looks very good the way it sits. I've always liked that color blue.

Thanks! The beach here is at Matagorda, Texas. The pic was taken in September but today it's about the same just a bit cooler at 72 degrees for the high.

Reactions: Sasquatchewan
Thanks Chris, the color is what caught my eye when i first saw it. Gun Metal Pearlcoat. Maybe i just liked it because it said gun in the description!

I used to have a Cherokee XJ in the same color, it's s good one!

The half doors look good on it as well. I've considered half doors but the weather here suits the full doors I have better.

Do half doors leak? I don't understand why people don't like them during rainy season or during wonter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do half doors leak? I don't understand why people don't like them during rainy season or during wonter

It's not that they leak, they just make it a lot colder inside.

Oh okay does it make a difference of temp much if you have a soft top

It does if it's really cold out. The hard top retains heat better than the soft top. You likely wouldn't notice unless it was realllllly cold out though.

So in Florida would switching to full soft doors be a good or bad idea

Full soft doors? You should be fine in the Summer but in the hurricane season it might be iffy since the full half doors may not be entire water proof.

I don't even run any doors in the Summer though.

It's a daily so watertight is a must

I wouldn't run full soft doors if it's a daily. I would be very skeptical they are water tight in a heavy rain.

What kind of tail lights are those?
Those were just a basic trailer tail light the PO had flush mounted. I bought some Maxxima LED tail lights that has a reverse light since these did not. The reverse light was under license plate but didn't work when I bought the Jeep.

Before and After
BeforeAfter tailights.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I love them. Nice and bright. They have clear plugs that cover the screw heads so less noticeable. Didn't put them on until after I took pics.

I have LED tails as well and I also love how bright they are. Anyone can see you stop at night.