Oregon Beach run, Pacific City

I'm 6 hours away actually...man if I was in OR i'de be there!
Been there once before, and have seen quite a few get stuck in that sand.

Reactions: jeep_boss and StG58
I'm 6 hours away actually...man if I was in OR i'de be there!
Been there once before, and have seen quite a few get stuck in that sand.
Endless entertainment. I can probably talk @Chris into it, so that's four Jeeps. My two and his two. The weather can be iffy, so it would almost have to be a last minute deal. Maybe two - three days notice? It would be so cool to have a bunch of Jeeps lined up down the beach. Plus we'd collect more. Pass out forum cards, socialize, meet and greet. Maybe do a bonfire and s'mores or something.

When are we talking about? Spring or Summer hopefully? I only say that because the kids will definitely want to play in the sand (they love the beach), and my wife hates going when it's rainy and cold (obviously). But if it was a nice weekend day, we could do it even with only a day notice (we don't live that far from the coast anyways).

Reactions: jeep_boss
When are you thinking of doing this
Late spring, early summer. Maybe not the first nice weekend, but soon after.
When are we talking about? Spring or Summer hopefully? I only say that because the kids will definitely want to play in the sand (they love the beach), and my wife hates going when it's rainy and cold (obviously). But if it was a nice weekend day, we could do it even with only a day notice (we don't live that far from the coast anyways).
I was hoping for kids and spouses and anyone else that has an itch to show up an socialize. Who knows, maybe we could even round up a beach volleyball set and Frisbees.

I was hoping for kids and spouses and anyone else that has an itch to show up an socialize. Who knows, maybe we could even round up a beach volleyball set and Frisbees.

Yep, that would be great. We could definitely have some fun with that. And like I said, as far as we go, all we really need is a day or two of notice, maybe not even that. We are only an hour away from Pacific City.

Reactions: StG58
I'd roll down as well! Would need a few days notice.
Like how much...two, three days heads up? The weather down there is really changeable. The forecast on Wednesday could say bright and sunny and by Saturday it's drizzly, windy and generally crappy. I could prognosticate on a Wednesday, but don't burn me at the stake if it changes some...

Like how much...two, three days heads up? The weather down there is really changeable. The forecast on Wednesday could say bright and sunny and by Saturday it's drizzly, windy and generally crappy. I could prognosticate on a Wednesday, but don't burn me at the stake if it changes some...

2-3 days is all I'd need - as far as forecasting goes, I bank on Cliff Mass's expertise! https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/?m=1

If he says it's going to rain, put all your money in umbrellas :cool:

Reactions: Chris

Oh I thought you mean like this weekend or something, in this case I may be able to arrange it.
I've wanted to take my daughter to the aquarium in Newport, so that might be right around her b-day. Who knows might be able to cya there!

Reactions: StG58
Figures I had to join a west coast based forum! :facepalm:
It's only as west coast as you make it...

Organize something up in your area and post it up. We'd love to see it.
Could be worse..lol..I'm a short 6,848 miles away..so yeah count me in as well....I may need more than a days notice though !!
Awh, come on, you can make it on a couple'a days notoce... Customs on a vehicle doesn't suck that bad and shipping can't be much. Right?

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
It's only as west coast as you make it...

Organize something up in your area and post it up. We'd love to see it.

Awh, come on, you can make it on a couple'a days notoce... Customs on a vehicle doesn't suck that bad and shipping can't be much. Right?
I'll cover the gas if you guys cover the shipping and bribing the customs officer lol

We're looking forward to it! Not much beats a nice sunny day at Pacific City Beach. For those of you who've never been, this is probably one of the most picturesque beaches on the West Coast, and probably the most in Oregon. Gorgeous beach (you can drive on the beach too), great food at the Pelican Brewery, great views, and all around fun. It's one trip I can promise you won't forget!

Reactions: K.C. and StG58