Beards Midwest Jeeps Auto Parts

IPerkWVU

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Was traveling through Vincennes Indiana today and knew there was a Jeep scrapyard so I decided to stop by. Originally was just doing a quick check to see if they had any half doors in my color (they did not) but Matt was very helpful; this place has a TON of TJ parts.

80d3645274d163eea9f4d9b4a3ec3338.jpg

As I was leaving I asked if they had any Mopar aftermarket bumpers, he referred to them as Apex editions. Found this rear bumper and took it home for 30 bucks. It needs alot of TLC but it's mostly surface rust other than two inches on one end of the tube (rot). Was thinking of cutting it clean off, don't know how it will look. Figured I'd try and clean it up, if nothing else I'm out a few bucks and a can of spray paint.

b419381ee0bca5d4e5f479a8ae9e91a4.jpg

If anyone is looking for parts I recommend giving them a call, they will probably have what your looking for. Their half doors prices were about $400 for a good set which I thought was pretty reasonable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Was traveling through Vincennes Indiana today and knew there was a Jeep scrapyard so I decided to stop by. Originally was just doing a quick check to see if they had any half doors in my color (they did not) but Matt was very helpful; this place has a TON of TJ parts.

View attachment 44172

As I was leaving I asked if they had any Mopar aftermarket bumpers, he referred to them as Apex editions. Found this rear bumper and took it home for 30 bucks. It needs alot of TLC but it's mostly surface rust other than two inches on one end of the tube (rot). Was thinking of cutting it clean off, don't know how it will look. Figured I'd try and clean it up, if nothing else I'm out a few bucks and a can of spray paint.

View attachment 44173

If anyone is looking for parts I recommend giving them a call, they will probably have what your looking for. Their half doors prices were about $400 for a good set which I thought was pretty reasonable.

Wow...I have heard of these guys but never been there. Might be a god Saturday drive. Nice unicorn bumper find too!

Wish I was closer, I'd love to go through there and see what they have!

View attachment 44172

View attachment 44173

I feel like that could be sandblasted and repowdercoated and brought back to life. What a find haha

Wow...I have heard of these guys but never been there. Might be a god Saturday drive. Nice unicorn bumper find too!
Yeah, they had about half of a mopar front one but it didn't have the hoops and was really beat up. I showed up right as they were closing but I could have wondered around that place for hours.

This is the second rusty rear bumper I've impulsively bought, first was a Warn that I picked up when I bought the front on CL. Looking forward to trying and clean it up. As a bonus I can paint it the same color as my front bumper.

I feel like that could be sandblasted and repowdercoated and brought back to life. What a find haha
Will probably get it sandblasted since it has some pitting on the bottom plate, would be tough to flap out completely, the last bumpers were 35 a piece to get done, I'm hoping he'll offer me the same price this time. Only downside is it takes a a week or two.

Wish I was closer, I'd love to go through there and see what they have!
They have a website and I know they ship small things, I've bought a tow hook from them before. If your looking for something I recommend you give them a call vs search their car-parts.com database, they said they run a week or two behind on keeping that up to date.

Reactions: Chris
They have a website and I know they ship small things, I've bought a tow hook from them before. If your looking for something I recommend you give them a call vs search their car-parts.com database, they said they run a week or two behind on keeping that up to date.

Good advice, I’ll keep that in mind!

I live about 40 minutes from them and went by there a couple weeks ago looking for a center dash bezel to replace one that a previous owner hacked up. I couldn’t believe how many Wranglers they had. I left with a full size center console and the center bezel for $75. Very nice people too.

83C69941-14DB-419E-AB2E-1DE07CFD4F7A.jpeg

7E8A22C4-BCB2-4682-B0E3-497CB030D160.jpeg