Bed rug products

cclarke802

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looking on Amazon and remember someone talking about bedrug products. I had the tub in my tj bedlined but looking to reduce heat from the tranny more. I see bed rug has a carpet and a bedliner style anyone have any experience with the products and can provide some insight?

I have the Bed rug for the front part of mine. Fits very good and dries pretty quick when wet. Comes out easy and goes back in easy also. As for heat it reduces it some but then again it is a Jeep.

Looking on Amazon and remember someone talking about bedrug products. I had the tub in my tj bedlined but looking to reduce heat from the tranny more. I see bed rug has a carpet and a bedliner style anyone have any experience with the products and can provide some insight?

I put down some of that heat reflector insulation from Home Depot, the thin foil looking stuff. Actually, I wrapped the crap out of everything, floor, trans housing, shifter housing, e-brake area, and then put the rug back down. I have stock paper thin carpets, and the heat has been significantly reduced, I can actually feel the cold air from the a/c on my feet.

If I had to do it over, I'd buy the 24 inch wide rolls, rather than the 48 inch. With the 24, it's much easier to manipulate, form, and tape together. I used the aluminum tape (if that's the proper name). An inexpensive project, that seems to work.

Ray

Reactions: KCsTJ
The Bedrug products are great products. Most do the front in the carpet and the rear in the liner, but either way would be a great improvement.

Bedrug has the factory hook to hold down the mat on the drivers side. They give you a template and you cut the hole out yourself. It's not too bad. I did mine front and back in Bedrug last year. Is it as good as OEM? Don't think so. But it beats moldy carpet. I have a soft top so I didn't notice any difference in noise. The heat on the floor, I think it's about the same. They give you heat tape but it's significantly thinner than OEM. The install time was significantly longer than they post on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run Bed Rug in mine, carpet style. Great fit, durable, easy clean up. I started a thread on it with pics if you search my profile you can find it.