Has anyone used Bedliner on the interior of your TJ?

It is a tad shiny .. Will it dull?
Once dirt hits it, it'll definitely be more dull. That's actually something to think about when considering a tub-liner. Due to the texture, its nearly impossible to get it to shine again...

It's not actually paint. It doesn't stay super nice and shiny. Mine has dulled out a bit and is only slightly more reflective than flat black paint.

Damn @JFjeld, that looks like a ton of prep-work! It looks really good though!
The prep is the toughest part, but if you want to do it right its key! Make sure you don't get it on anywhere you don't want it. Once it's drys good luck removing it! I used a drill and an assortment of wire wheels to really give the bedliner something to bite into. I've seen people that just use scotch bite pads or sandpaper and it started peeling up in places. The rougher the surface the better it will adhere. It's so thick that the first thin coat I sprayed filled in any deep scratches caused by the wire wheels. I ended up with one thin coat then 2 heavy coats. I have been chucking my floor Jack over my rear cargo box onto the rear floor for a couple months now and you can't tell. Very durable if you do the prep and apply it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
It's just like any painting job... Prep is always the most important. Been there, done that. Always a fun job.

Reactions: TheFrenchMan
Chris when i did the herculiner on mine i just used a wire wheel cup on a 4.5" grinder easy prep

I just have metal floors as carpet has been removed cause PO left it nasty. I thought about doing this just for the looks but does it add weight? I never care about noise and wind drowns it out or turn up the radio and you won't hear it. At my house we call it OJN - old jeep noise
I'm in the same boat. And actually the PO rhinolined the exterior of mine. I thought about continuing to the inside but found the tub in great shape after pulling dirty carpets out so I left it alone. I'll call it going commando. Haha.

+1 for road noise. Didn't buy a cast iron tractor engine and oversized mud terrains to have it ride and sound like a Caddy! Crank the stereo, embrace the noise! [emoji41]

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

No problem. If you painted the entire exterior of the Jeep…maybe the weight would be 15-20 lbs. But just the tub, anyone who says it adds significant weight is either being too anal or is parroting something they read from someone else. The heaviest liner is probably Hurculiner if I had to guess do to them using rubber bits in their mix (not sure if they still do this though).

And you can swap the groceries for a 12 pack of beer:D about the same weight, but more fun
uploadfromtaptalk1450053109329.jpg

Mine is covered on the exterior... And it's always loaded with tools, my dog, my @$$ and usually beer on the way home from work. I might be at risk for exceeding GVRW!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Has anyone gone to a linex shop to get there tub done? I stripped my interior today. Thinking about even color matching my dash and linexing that as well. Thoughts? Experience?

Has anyone gone to a linex shop to get there tub done? I stripped my interior today. Thinking about even color matching my dash and linexing that as well. Thoughts? Experience?

Co-worker of mine had his CJ5 line-x'd by a professional shop. Turned out really nice, but set him back $500.

Co-worker of mine had his CJ5 line-x'd by a professional shop. Turned out really nice, but set him back $500.
Honestly, for only $500 bucks and if I had to do it again I would probably pay that to have someone else do it. I thoroughly enjoy time in the garage working on the jeep, but the hours spent sanding and the brain cells killed using the MEK in my tiny garage really sucked ass. That MEK is seriously nasty stuff. Between that and fighting to roll faster than the Monstaliner cured, turned into one hell of a pain in the ass.
Looking back, I'm glad I did do it and definitely don't want to do it again!

Honestly, for only $500 bucks and if I had to do it again I would probably pay that to have someone else do it. I thoroughly enjoy time in the garage working on the jeep, but the hours spent sanding and the brain cells killed using the MEK in my tiny garage really sucked ass. That MEK is seriously nasty stuff. Between that and fighting to roll faster than the Monstaliner cured, turned into one hell of a pain in the ass.
Looking back, I'm glad I did do it and definitely don't want to do it again!
Exactly how I feel about having done monstaliner. Glad my tub is lined...but I'd rather someone else do it next time.

Reviving this thread. The PO of my jeep bedlined it, but it is peeling up so I'm looking at my options. The cheapest quote I've gotten so far is $750, and that is if I do the prep work of removing all of the old liner. The way I look at it, if I'm doing all of the prep work, I might as well roll it and only spend $150.

Last edited:
Reviving this thread. The PO of my jeep bedlined it, but it is peeling up so I'm looking at my options. The cheapest quote I've gotten so far is $750, and that is if I do the prep work of removing all of the old liner. The way I look at it, if I'm doing all of the prep work, I might as well roll it and only spend $150.

Reviving again, cheapest I got from a professional bedlining company was LineX for the base model non UV stable material for the tub, no warranty, $1000.00 if the tub is completely stripped bringing it to them. As some of you know I’m about to attempt to diy mine, so I will let you know how it goes!

Reactions: bobthetj03