Has anyone used Bedliner on the interior of your TJ?

I'll probably try some of that dynamat stuff to quiet the noise down. It would be nice for road trips.
I just put some down in mine, against the firewall, the trans hump, floor in front of the rear seat, and the rear wheel wells and floor. Quite it down a lot. I was just scared to do the front floor pans incase it got a little water there, it would rot the floors out.

The previous owner of Ol Yeller did a full tub coat of Monstaliner, though the edges were a bit rough (only went partway up the roll bars, etc). However, it's held up amazinly well. I've owned Yeller for 2.5 years now and have had no problems withi t.

I'll caveat slightly - the owner painted right over the copper contacts for the rear brake light, and also filled in the holes where bolts for the rear seat went. I had to carve those out to remount the rear brackets and seatbelts.

See pics of the liner and work to clear the bolt holes here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/2000-tj-ol-yeller.1791/

Reactions: CybrSlydr
Just got my 2000 on the road a few weeks ago after doing the frame rails , front floor pans, new fenders.
It is black and original with a faded ,scratched and a few rust areas to be done next winter. It is my first jeep so I was not sure what to expect with carpet in or out. I spray bombed the front floor area after putting in new pans and using seam sealer. I used the rustoleum truck bed liner from walmart. I thought if it did not hold up I would try a more expensive route. After laying under the jeep most of the winter I was just glad to not overthink it and just get it on the road for now. I also did the new fenders and flares with the liner. Seems to be ok so far and cleans easily. I accidently left one window down the other night and it got lots of water in on the carpet. I pulled it up and the floor cleaned up easily and the liner was easy to clean. Very light texture wit the spray bombs.I did notice it much quieter with the carpet.

Reactions: R0dr0c
No problem. If you painted the entire exterior of the Jeep…maybe the weight would be 15-20 lbs. But just the tub, anyone who says it adds significant weight is either being too anal or is parroting something they read from someone else. The heaviest liner is probably Hurculiner if I had to guess do to them using rubber bits in their mix (not sure if they still do this though).

And you can swap the groceries for a 12 pack of beer:D about the same weight, but more fun
I raptor lined the exterior of my Jeep. I think the total shipped weight of everything was 15lbs or so. I’m thinking it may have added 5-10lbs by the time you exclude the bottles, spray gun and the liquid dries.

As to sound deadening I did a yj I had in bedliner and it made the interior drone noise like crazy

I did mine in Raptor Liner almost a year ago if my memory serves me. One of the best mods I've done. Pull the drain plugs and it's easy to hose out. I don't really notice the noise because I have the top off. With the full soft top on and soft upper windows....it's loud anyways. The only cloth I have left are the seats and I hope to install vinyl soon.

Reactions: T_Hase89
I also did mine using raptor liner around a year or so ago. It has held up great and I love being able to hose out the tub after a day of wheeling.

Reactions: T_Hase89