BedRug matching material

Deuxdiesel

TJ Enthusiast
I installed a full set in my TJ a week ago, and the center console portion fit is a joke. There are huge gaps (2-3") around the e-brake, and the front section barely tucks under my short console. I would be happy with just a basic piece that I could lay over the tunnel and cover the gaps, but when I called them, all they had were 12" square samples. Does anyone have an idea of bulk material that might be pretty close to matching?

I’m surprised at this. My fit is perfect. Looks like it came from the factory. I wonder if you got a bad one? Maybe inquire about getting a replacement.

21F5DF1C-65C2-44F4-99ED-421D0202E646.jpeg

D88B680A-4ACB-49A7-A925-FF3E05ABC8CD.jpeg

^ Love the look of that! I didn’t know they sold anything with that texture.

I love it. It was a better option for me when compared to bed liner and still a lot more rugged and easier to clean than carpet. I'm going to be buying the rear section soon.

On a whim I called Q-tec and told them the problem. The tech guy thought it might be the wrong part, so the sent out a new one today (without charging me) and a return tag for the old one. That is some serious customer service. Hope it fits better.

Reactions: JMT
On a whim I called Q-tec and told them the problem. The tech guy thought it might be the wrong part, so the sent out a new one today (without charging me) and a return tag for the old one. That is some serious customer service. Hope it fits better.

I think you will be pleased once you get the correct one. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: lowranger
I’m pretty certain stock Jeep carpet was made by Velcro .

@Josh H. , @lowranger , how does that bed tread do for sound and heat insulation compared to the factory carpet?

It has been a few years since I've had the stock carpet in but I'd say it is comparable for sound and heat. I ran without carpet for a couple years and it is 1000% better better than bare metal. It does come with adhesive backed thermal tape that you can position around the transmission hump and you could always buy a little extra of that to add yourself.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Thanks @Josh H. and @lowranger . I like the idea of no carpet, but I did drive around a few days in the summer with no carpet when I had it out drying after getting caught in a rain shower with no top or doors. It was noticeably hotter and louder. I wouldn't want it to be worse than the factory carpet. It's on my list of things I'd like to get.

I am interested in the BedTred for just the back areas of my LJ. Does it REPLACE the carpet, or go over it? My carpet is really nice still since the PO kept it out of the Jeep and stored well for much of its life.

Rob

I am interested in the BedTred for just the back areas of my LJ. Does it REPLACE the carpet, or go over it? My carpet is really nice still since the PO kept it out of the Jeep and stored well for much of its life.

Bedtred replaces the carpet.