inkedrose

washed up superhero
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Searched posts, everything I found was a few years old. I know several people said they had purchased these BedTred but it all seemed like all new purchases. How's longevity? Do they hold up? I have to run top on 1/2 the year. Between snow, mud and two dogs my jeep smells rancid. Any downside on these other than cost? Don't mind paying if it's quality. Really like the idea of easy to clean. For people that have them did you just do the rear or front and back? If you did the front, does it drain? Any problems trapping water/causing rust?

https://bedrug.com/product-detail/B...1lB8cugLYa8pPhi-aI1h1bybLa_qfGjRoCGiUQAvD_BwE

I replaced the carpet in my TJ with Bedrug about a year ago. So far no problems. The dog lays in the cargo area and you can simply pull that piece out to clean it. All dirt lays right on the top layer which makes it easy to vacuum. Water usually sits on the top as well unless it gets underneath via the places where two pieces come together and then you can simply lift the piece up and towel dry any water that is sitting there. You can tell if water has made its way underneath because the bedrug will be darker in that area. I think it’s a great product.

I think it’s a great product.
Nice. Think I’ll probably pull trigger this week. My 2004 only has 35k miles, part of me hates to pull stock carpet. Was looking at cargo mats but couldn’t find anything the covers from under front seats all the way back. Did you do front and back or just rear?

Nice. Think I’ll probably pull trigger this week. My 2004 only has 35k miles, part of me hates to pull stock carpet. Was looking at cargo mats but couldn’t find anything the covers from under front seats all the way back. Did you do front and back or just rear?
I did the whole thing.

Reactions: inkedrose
i did the bedtread about 2 years ago. i tossed my perfectly good carpet because i knew i’d eventually ruin it. bedtread has held up great. water does pool on it as i have a leak on my jeep. just replaced my windshield/cowl and windshield header seals this past tuesday. hopefully we’ve fixed the leak.

Reactions: Bigfoot-NM
Have bedtred in my current truck and had bedrug in my last. I prefer bedrug to the bedtred and will only put bedrug in my new Jeep build.

Have bedtred in my current truck and had bedrug in my last. I prefer bedrug to the bedtred and will only put bedrug in my new Jeep build
i did the bedtread about 2 years ago. i tossed my perfectly good carpet because i knew i’d eventually ruin it. bedtread has held up great. water does pool on it as i have a leak on my jeep. just replaced my windshield/cowl and windshield header seals this past tuesday. hopefully we’ve fixed the leak.
That’s where I’m at. Dog hair is already weaved in. Just wanted to make sure it would last awhile

Reactions: txbemis69
That’s where I’m at. Dog hair is already weaved in. Just wanted to make sure it would last awhile
i ordered my current truck (daily driver) with plastic flooring. carpet would just get ruined unless i had something like the weathertech floor liners. you may be able to get samples of each from bedrug.

Searched posts, everything I found was a few years old. I know several people said they had purchased these BedTred but it all seemed like all new purchases. How's longevity? Do they hold up? I have to run top on 1/2 the year. Between snow, mud and two dogs my jeep smells rancid. Any downside on these other than cost? Don't mind paying if it's quality. Really like the idea of easy to clean. For people that have them did you just do the rear or front and back? If you did the front, does it drain? Any problems trapping water/causing rust?

https://bedrug.com/product-detail/B...1lB8cugLYa8pPhi-aI1h1bybLa_qfGjRoCGiUQAvD_BwE
I ordered samples of BedTred and BedRug. I decided on BedRug front and rear. Then I added WeatherTech liners. It’s amazing. You should look at both though so you can decide what’s best for your situation.

Then I added WeatherTech liners. It’s amazing. You should look at both though so you can decide what’s best for your situation.
We have a WeatherTech store local. Going to go by there before I do anything. I have their mats in all my old other vehicles. Just want something to cover all the way from rear of front seats back. Most the cargo mats I've seen only cover a section of back area

We have a WeatherTech store local. Going to go by there before I do anything. I have their mats in all my old other vehicles. Just want something to cover all the way from rear of front seats back. Most the cargo mats I've seen only cover a section of back area
WeatherTech has 2 front floor mats that attach to the factory catch, 2 rear floor mats for passengers sitting on the bench seat, and 1 large mat that covers from just in front of the rear bench seat all the way to the tailgate. I have all of them which is basically full coverage EXCEPT under the front seats.

WeatherTech has 2 front floor mats that attach to the factory catch, 2 rear floor mats for passengers sitting on the bench seat, and 1 large mat that covers from just in front of the rear bench seat all the way to the tailgate. I have all of them which is basically full coverage EXCEPT under the front seats.
I want one piece if I can find it. Thats the appeal of the bedtred. Seen a few people cut stuff down as well

I have the complete Bed Rug kit in my TJ and the Bed Rug bed liner in my F150 (just the floor, not the sides). Both have been installed for about 3 years. The F150 Bed Rug takes much more abuse than my TJ. I just take it out periodically (I didn't use the velcro strips) and hose it or power wash it. Dirt etc. comes right off and it dries quickly. In the TJ, it is FAR superior to the original carpet.

Reactions: JMT
I want one piece if I can find it. Thats the appeal of the bedtred. Seen a few people cut stuff down as well
You’ve got two things going on here. The carpet and floor mats.

The factory carpet is in several pieces. I thought I would miss mine. Nope. Not at all. I decided on BedRug, and it is far superior.

The WeatherTech liners Go over the BedRug. Maybe you understand that, but your post led me to think there was confusion.

The BedTred is less supple than BedRug and kind of like a spray in bedliner. It’s tough and easy to clean out by spraying off. Reports are it needs some trimming for install. @Alex01 used BedRug in the front and BedTred in the rear, so there is that option too.

You’ve got two things going on here. The carpet and floor mats.

The factory carpet is in several pieces. I thought I would miss mine. Nope. Not at all. I decided on BedRug, and it is far superior.

The WeatherTech liners Go over the BedRug. Maybe you understand that, but your post led me to think there was confusion.

The BedTred is less supple than BedRug and kind of like a spray in bedliner. It’s tough and easy to clean out by spraying off. Reports are it needs some trimming for install. @Alex01 used BedRug in the front and BedTred in the rear, so there is that option too.
Yeah I got all that. My carpet is fine, I was actually just looking for a cargo liner then I stumbled across the bedtred stuff. Made me start thinking a different direction

Reactions: JMT