Unexplainable beeping noise

Strahan

Hi. I noticed a beeping sound last night. Normally my radio is on and I probably don't hear it, but that night it was off. It beeps awhile then goes silent for a bit, then starts over. It's forty five beeps, about a second apart. The interval is one minute, fifty-five seconds. Any idea what it is? My first thought was seatbelt, but it was plugged in and the indicator for it was not lit on the cluster.

I recorded it so I could time the interval and count the beeps.

Ugh, stupid thing keeps converting my link to an embedded video. The beeping stops quick in the beginning, but if you jump to 1m 58s you can hear it better.

why is your right turn arrow stuck on? just googled and there does appear to be beeping when turn signal left on too long. ( have not tried it so can't confirm )

Ahh OK. Yea, my right side running light was out. Bought a bulb, pulled the dead one and installed the new then everything was dead. The socket was badly corroded inside. Ordered a new socket, got it yesterday. Installed, worked great, yay. Then I hit a bump and it went back to being an asshole lol. The socket on the hardwire side is also a little crappy so today I'm gonna try to clean it up.

So hopefully fixing that will kill the beep then, thanks for clearing that up!

Reactions: Chris
why is your right turn arrow stuck on? just googled and there does appear to be beeping when turn signal left on too long. ( have not tried it so can't confirm )

Interesting, I didn't know that!

Makes sense though. How annoying is it when you're stuck behind someone who doesn't turn their blinker off?

I put all LED bulbs in so my blinkers blink fast. I bought a blinker resistor just haven’t done it yet. Mine does exactly the same thing. Beeps but when I hit 15mph it stops. Mine does like every other day. I just turn the music up. No dash indicator lights no check engine for once. I hope it’s not anything serious

This may be a little late post here but your blinker light on a 97-06 wrangler dosent stay on like in that video above. It flashes 100 mph when a bulb is burnt out! If your using led bulbs and put in a pre 2000 flasher then it would stay on like that the older cars did. Wiggle the flasher relay a bit. Mine is setup with leds and the relay on mine above the steering wheel behind the multi function switches. Turned on the key and a blinker and was stuck on moved the flasher around at an angle and it started flashing for some reason. But everything flashes good now.

I put all LED bulbs in so my blinkers blink fast. I bought a blinker resistor just haven’t done it yet. Mine does exactly the same thing. Beeps but when I hit 15mph it stops. Mine does like every other day. I just turn the music up. No dash indicator lights no check engine for once. I hope it’s not anything serious
Buy a 5 pin flasher relay from the 90s like a pc26 or a pc 27 whatever the 5 pin flasher is. This will stop hyper flash without wiring in the led resistors into the wiring harness!