Before I spend $19 on a windshield washer pump grommet

RD3

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
The grommet on my windshield washer pump where it goes into the reservoir has gone bad and leaking. before I spend $19 to get one has anybody found one that works as a replacement. It should be a 50 cent part.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I tried one from NAPA, didn’t work. I found one on 4wd parts, I think it was 9.99 + s/h. I can’t find it right now. I used to have the part number. Check 4wd parts though. Agree, it should be 50 cents

Reactions: RD3
Mine leaked, took it out carefully and cleaned everything really well. Soaked the grommet in oil for a few hours and it hasn't leaked since. Wont fix a tear...

Reactions: RD3
I found a replacement for the washer pump grommet on my old BMW from the plumbing section at Lowes, I want to say it was intended to seal between the sink and the drain.. Worked like a champ

I use silicon constantly in my pool business on rubber o rings, etc. It helps rubber keep it's elasticity, many times will stop a water or suction leak.
My 97 reservoir grommet leaks. Ill smear silicon all over it, wipe off then reinstall. Will report back.

I also can't quite stomach a $20 grommet. :-/