Before the TJ...

… Don't get me wrong, I loved AMC …
I love my AMC Jeep!
18-04-16 6.JPG

Reactions: Squatch
Comanche?
Yes! It's an '88 Eliminator which is the last year that they were AMC. There are various AMC logos, stickers, etc. on it - mainly under the hood. The keys also have the AMC logo and "Jeep" on them. I also have an '89 Cherokee. It still has a few AMC logos on it but the keys have "Jeep" on them plus the Chrysler pentastar logo.

18-04-06 2.JPG

Yes! It's an '88 Eliminator which is the last year that they were AMC. There are various AMC logos, stickers, etc. on it - mainly under the hood. The keys also have the AMC logo and "Jeep" on them. I also have an '89 Cherokee. It still has a few AMC logos on it but the keys have "Jeep" on them plus the Chrysler pentastar logo.

View attachment 57915
Very nice! Have considered acquiring one of those many times throughout the years. Of course, I tend to consider a lot of different vehicles, with AMC and Mother Mopar commanding most of my attention. ;)

Reactions: lowranger and PCO6
Very nice! Have considered acquiring one of those many times throughout the years. Of course, I tend to consider a lot of different vehicles, with AMC and Mother Mopar commanding most of my attention. ;)
"Mother MOPAR" lol - love it. They were ahead of their time!

My uncle Jimmy has a 1970 Buick GSX, that AMX made me think of it .

Barks the tires at 90 mph when the transmission shifts. That's torque.

My uncle Jimmy has a 1970 Buick GSX, that AMX made me think of it .

Barks the tires at 90 mph when the transmission shifts. That's torque.
One of my high school buddies bought a '70 GS, thinking it was a Malibu! LOL He went from that (knowing nothing about cars) to building an 11 second GSX using all Kenne Bell parts. After that, he opened a shop that restored performance Buicks exclusively, and then started working for Crane Cams a number of years after that. He recently (a few years ago, actually) relocated one of his first Buicks and bought it back, restored it, and drove it to our 35th high school reunion. Now, how cool is that?

Cool as it gets . They made 678 of those in 1970.

Jimmy's is Saturn yellow and black .

Lot of fast cars back then .

Cool as it gets . They made 678 of those in 1970.

Jimmy's is Saturn yellow and black .

Lot of fast cars back then .
My buddy, Dave, had the yellow and black, as well, and a white and black, if I recall correctly. His GS was silver. Fast cars. All torque, with those GS Stage 1 455s in 'em!

Man yeah . Off the showroom floor they were deadly fast . A hemi geared right was the only real competition.

He bought a grand national later , has both.

Age and ozone has kinda hurt the gsx.
It's garaged. Used to he his daily driver.

My dad always said it would pass anything but a gas station.

One of my high school buddies bought a '70 GS, thinking it was a Malibu! LOL He went from that (knowing nothing about cars) to building an 11 second GSX using all Kenne Bell parts. After that, he opened a shop that restored performance Buicks exclusively, and then started working for Crane Cams a number of years after that. He recently (a few years ago, actually) relocated one of his first Buicks and bought it back, restored it, and drove it to our 35th high school reunion. Now, how cool is that?
That is "Really" cool!

View attachment 57915
That is one fine looking Comanche! I really like those!

Reactions: PCO6
That is one fine looking Comanche! I really like those!
Thanks! I actually have 2 of them. A few months ago I bought a 2nd one as a parts car … and I only paid a parts car price for it! When I got it home I realized it is MUCH more than a parts car. It has surface rust but all of the usual MJ rust spots are clean and it is almost rust free underneath. Apart from a bit of damage to the left rear corner it is absolutely straight. It is also very original. My dilemma now is what to do with it. I will definitely not be scrapping it. It's also an '88 AMC Comanche Eliminator - 1 month older than my other one.

picture.jpg

Here's a thread on the above "barn find" … (note the link to another thread in my first post)
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/jeep-comanche-barn-find.13287/

Thanks! I actually have 2 of them. A few months ago I bought a 2nd one as a parts car … and I only paid a parts car price for it! When I got it home I realized it is MUCH more than a parts car. It has surface rust but all of the usual MJ rust spots are clean and it is almost rust free underneath. Apart from a bit of damage to the left rear corner it is absolutely straight. It is also very original. My dilemma now is what to do with it. I will definitely not be scrapping it. It's also an '88 AMC Comanche Eliminator - 1 month older than my other one.

View attachment 57944

Here's a thread on the above "barn find" … (note the link to another thread in my first post)
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/jeep-comanche-barn-find.13287/
I did read that thread when you got it. Good find!

Reactions: PCO6