Before the TJ...

I did read that thread when you got it. Good find!
IT FOUND ME! lol. Honestly, had "Al" not noticed my MJ at a flea market and asked ... "are you interested in a parts car ...?" I never would have known about it. He was a really neat car guy with too much "stuff" in his yard. Something had to go and I got lucky.

Speaking of luck, a guy pulled up to my house last week in a really nice lifted '90s Suburban. He introduced himself, opened his tailgate and asked if I "could use any of this?". It was full of Comanche parts. He was cleaning out his garage and simply wanted it to go to a good home - at no cost! I have a TJ, LJ, XJ and 2 MJ's parked in my driveway. It attracts a bit of attention ... sometimes good. :D

Reactions: Squatch
makes me kinda want to see a TJ with that fake wood paneling
That was an option on the original 1990s Grand Cherokee.
I think it looks way better than the plastic cladding they added later.

Unknown-1 7.51.13 AM.jpg

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Yes! It's an '88 Eliminator which is the last year that they were AMC. There are various AMC logos, stickers, etc. on it - mainly under the hood. The keys also have the AMC logo and "Jeep" on them. I also have an '89 Cherokee. It still has a few AMC logos on it but the keys have "Jeep" on them plus the Chrysler pentastar logo.

View attachment 57915

Awesome looking truck. I wish companies hadn't stopped making compact pickup trucks, feeding into "bigger is better" and shoving these giant ones we have today.

Reactions: lowranger
Awesome looking truck. I wish companies hadn't stopped making compact pickup trucks, feeding into "bigger is better" and shoving these giant ones we have today.
I agree 100%. They think bigger is better. Hard to get those big pickup around off road. When I wore out my 1990 Toyota Pickup, I wanted to replace it with another Toyota. The new Tacomas were alot bigger. So I found what year was the last year of the small body style was for the Toyota. It was 2004, so the search was on for a low milage 2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD with a 5 speed, standard with rear locker. About 3 months later I found one with 38,000 miles. Here it is today with 110, miles. Great work truck and my daily driver.
IMG_20180519_112228593_HDR.jpg

Who'd think what everyone hated in the '80s would become the industry standard today....

We didn't see a lot of those up here when they were new. I don't know why, I always thought they were a pretty neat car. A couple of months ago I saw one on a car lot just north of here and had to stop to look at it. It was a '83 AMC Eagle and they were asking $3,900 CDN (about $3,000 USD) for it. It was in pretty good shape and only had about 146,XXX km (91,XXX mi.) on it. Can any one remember the last time they saw one on the road?
KIMG0103.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Squatch
We didn't see a lot of those up here when they were new. I don't know why, I always thought they were a pretty neat car. A couple of months ago I saw one on a car lot just north of here and had to stop to look at it. It was a '83 AMC Eagle and they were asking $3,900 CDN (about $3,000 USD) for it. It was in pretty good shape and only had about 146,XXX km (91,XXX mi.) on it. Can any one remember the last time they saw one on the road?
View attachment 58048
LOL Last week. There are a few of 'em still in use up around where I live. My wife has commented on that she has always liked them. She needs to be careful, saying stuff like that around me. That's damn near the same thing as giving me permission to get one, as I see it! ;)

Reactions: lowranger
LOL Last week. There are a few of 'em still in use up around where I live. My wife has commented on that she has always liked them. She needs to be careful, saying stuff like that around me. That's damn near the same thing as giving me permission to get one, as I see it! ;)
I think you're right! Let me see......sounds about the same. "I like them" (I want one). Yes....sounds the same to me.

When I wore out my 1990 Toyota Pickup, I wanted to replace it with another Toyota.
I bought a new 1990 Toyota Deluxe extra cab 4X4 (4cylinder, 5-speed). Only new vehicle I've ever bought. Drove it for two and a half years before selling it. Reason? I got bored with it. The damn thing never broke, and I'm a tinkerer, at heart! I replaced it with a '56 Plymouth Belvedere 2-door sedan. Being that our son was only six moths old, my wife was less than pleased with me for doing so. Silly woman...

My first car was a 1980 AMC eagle sedan, I loved that car and would drive another in a heartbeat.
The sedans are far more scarce than the wagons. There was one for sale locally that the guy restored. Looked as-new. He was asking $12,000 for it! I think he'll be owning that one for a while...

In 1975 I worked with a guy who was incredibly cheap. He ordered a new AMC Gremlin and specified the most stripped down version ... NO options. When it arrived at the dealership he flipped out because it had carpet on the floors. He had specified rubber and he refused to take delivery of it. The dealership eventually gave in. It looked like the one below except without whitewalls.

A few months later a girl who worked for him and made much less bought a fully loaded AMC Pacer.They never got along prior to that and certainly didn't after. It was yellow too.

Gremlin.jpg

In 1975 I worked with a guy who was incredibly cheap. He ordered a new AMC Gremlin and specified the most stripped down version ... NO options. When it arrived at the dealership he flipped out because it had carpet on the floors. He had specified rubber and he refused to take delivery of it. The dealership eventually gave in. It looked like the one below except without whitewalls.

A few months later a girl who worked for him and made much less bought a fully loaded AMC Pacer.They never got along prior to that and certainly didn't after. It was yellow too.

View attachment 58088
That's the same color as my '72 Gremlin that I'm selling to my buddy. :)

Reactions: PCO6
The sedans are far more scarce than the wagons. There was one for sale locally that the guy restored. Looked as-new. He was asking $12,000 for it! I think he'll be owning that one for a while...
I got mine for free in ‘95, sometimes I wish I could have kept all the cars I’ve junked over the years.

That's the same color as my '72 Gremlin that I'm selling to my buddy. :)
Are you replacing it with a yellow Pacer? lol Seriously, I liked both the Gremlin & Pacer. They seemed to have more room on the inside than you would think when looking at them from the outside!