Bent Rim

Would you have it repaired or would you try to get rid of the set of 4 and buy something else?

• Fix the bent rim

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Get rid of these and get a new set

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

talianslyr

Ok guys, I have a bent MT Classic lock rim, they don't make them anymore. Would you have it repaired or would you try to get rid of the set of 4 and buy something else?

20180301_165143.jpg

20180301_165146.jpg

I'd probably try and find a new 4th from eBay first before getting a new set of rims. If I couldn't find one, then I'd get a new set of something I like or can beat the hell out of and not care about them. I'm personally not a fan of trying to repair bent rims like that.

Reactions: billiebob
So I bought it this way and I ended up selling the set of wheels and tires, went with black bullet hole rings and 31" tires instead of the 33s that were on it it drives better and I now have a complete set of wheels that match

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd take it to a local wheel repair place (there's a bunch of them where I'm at) and see first off if they can repair it, and if so, how much. If it's something reasonable, I'd have it repaired, but if they come back with an outrageous figure (i.e. $500), then at that point I'd just get a set of new rims, since new rims are around $120 a piece anyways.

I'd take it to a local wheel repair place (there's a bunch of them where I'm at) and see first off if they can repair it, and if so, how much. If it's something reasonable, I'd have it repaired, but if they come back with an outrageous figure (i.e. $500), then at that point I'd just get a set of new rims, since new rims are around $120 a piece anyways.
I think he already sold the set and replaced them...

Reactions: Chris