Besides Jeep'n, what else do you?

TJDon

TJ Enthusiast
What other hobbies do you guys have or spend your time and or money on?

Being I have a 14 year old daughter that keeps us pretty busy with sports, I don't get a whole lotta time to do or spend on all my hobbies. Besides my Jeep that consumes some of my free time and cash, I love getting anywhere near water. Whether it be fishing, boating, kyaking, gold prospecting in a river or stream or hanging out at a beach. I lived in Hawaii for a couple few years, learned to surf and grew up going to the ocean on family trips. Something about being near water brings me peace.
I also love guns and knives as I can afford them

How 'bout you?

My other expensive hobby is playing music. I started with guitar, but I transitioned to the Banjo (and a bit of Mandolin) due to my love for Bluegrass. It's amazing how much money you can spend on some of those instruments.

Aside from that, I spend a lot of time and money remodeling little things around out house. It takes a long time to get stuff done since I'm busy with our two little daughters, but eventually I'll get it all done!

The jeep is my biggest hobby right now.

My wifes company gives her ski and lift passes to all the resorts around here. We are going to start this weekend with an all day ski/snowboard lesson. We'll see how that goes, it may be our new hobby for winter.

My other expensive hobby is playing music. I started with guitar, but I transitioned to the Banjo (and a bit of Mandolin) due to my love for Bluegrass. It's amazing how much money you can spend on some of those instruments.

Aside from that, I spend a lot of time and money remodeling little things around out house. It takes a long time to get stuff done since I'm busy with our two little daughters, but eventually I'll get it all done!
I've been a auto tech for almost 28 years, my fingers dont like to bend much for the far cords. I've tried lol,
And I think being a home owner, projects around the house are a given. My wife always has a laundry list of things to do

I make smaller jeeps when im not jeepin
IMG_20181001_201253.jpg
IMG_20181011_205429.jpg
IMG_20181011_205636.jpg
IMG_20181012_065957.jpg
IMG_20181001_201253.jpg
IMG_20181011_205429.jpg
IMG_20181011_205636.jpg
IMG_20181012_065957.jpg

As of lately, remolding sections of the house. Homestretch of my, mostly DIY, master bedroom upgrades... Back private courtyard (Door to the right), completed that phase last winter. Double doors open out into common courtyard. House is C shaped. Ended up going a little nuts with my audio setup, thus all the soundboard. It sounds freaking bitchin. Some other geeky kinda stuff too...
IMG_0059.JPG

That is cool! I had a Axial at one time, holy crap! Before I knew it, I had a grand wrapped up into it!

No kidding man. I had one at one time as well. I ended up getting out of it, because I realized I simply couldn't afford another super expensive hobby.

Reactions: TJDon
I enjoy riding my Harley when I can but since we bought a camper, the last couple years it hasn't been ridden much so I will probably sell it soon unfortunately. The plus side is I also enjoy beating the crap out of my four wheeler so when I sell the motorcycle I will get another four wheeler or maybe an adventure bike so I can still ride when I get a chance. I also have fun hiking with my very energetic pup every chance I get. Too many hobbies and not enough time......

I guess I should add that we love camping too. Great family time and hanging out with friends. We usually go to Tamalas Bay (Dillons Beach) and go crabbing when it’s season.
d613fc036adf1adcf394af1837062b67.jpg

50eaaf326ced971adc0842aedf61b0c8.jpg

fc06fe25c5ff8cf3526128f77bf774f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I should add that we love camping too. Great family time and hanging out with friends. We usually go to Tamalas Bay (Dillons Beach) and go crabbing when it’s season.
View attachment 62305
View attachment 62306
View attachment 62307

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice camper! I traded my slightly smaller Jayco for my new one this year and really like it. The outside kitchen is way more useful than I figured it would be. :)

3F64B337-0AA1-4098-937B-BF136C68C13D.jpeg

5E6DAEDA-CB81-41E7-A918-280AE3F96D06.jpeg

Reactions: JLLJ and Shatto
I enjoy riding my Harley when I can but since we bought a camper, the last couple years it hasn't been ridden much so I will probably sell it soon unfortunately.

Been thinking about the same on my Honda. I bet I put 500 miles on it this year is all. To many people out there who dont pay attention, riding just isnt fun for me anymore because of it.

Reactions: Shatto
Nice camper! I traded my slightly smaller Jayco for my new one this year and really like it. The outside kitchen is way more useful than I figured it would be. :)
What length is yours? 27'ish?
Ours is a 32' and I dont care for it much. Way to big for our needs, but when we were in the market for one, the dealership I work at took it in on trade and had been sitting in the back lot for almost 6 months because they didnt know what to really do with it. I picked it up on a screaming deal. Its just way to long, most state parks I can't get into. But I do love the outside entry door to the bathroom. And the second slide out in the back bunk room is nice for my daughter and her friends she brings along