Best 33x12.5x15 tires??

Julian

so some things came up, and I won't be re-gearing and upgrading to 35's like I wanted, But I do need new tired since my 33's are currently 20 years old. what are the best 33's for a decent price. was looking at Wrangler MT/R's but they just jumped from 200-250 and I'm trying to stay at 200 per tire.

so some things came up, and I won't be re-gearing and upgrading to 35's like I wanted, But I do need new tired since my 33's are currently 20 years old. what are the best 33's for a decent price. was looking at Wrangler MT/R's but they just jumped from 200-250 and I'm trying to stay at 200 per tire.

Best is a relative word. What exactly do you want the tires to do? Do you plan on doing a lot of off roading or is it mostly just street driving?

Reactions: Stinger
Best is a relative word. What exactly do you want the tires to do? Do you plan on doing a lot of off roading or is it mostly just street driving?
I plan to take it out as much as i can but it is my DD, so probably once a month, but I need tires that are good in snow, ice, etc for colorado weather and very capable off road. I like aggressive looking tires.

I plan to take it out as much as i can but it is my DD, so probably once a month, but I need tires that are good in snow, ice, etc for colorado weather and very capable off road. I like aggressive looking tires.

Based off what you want I would suggest the Goodyear Duratrac. I personally run them and LOVE them! They are excellent in snow (packed snow or deep snow), mud, rain and just about anything other than relay jagged rock crawling.

Reactions: Sasquatchewan
I'm a pretty big fan of these Mastercraft mxt on mine I played with it in some mud today and it just walked thru and the road noise isn't bad

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had MTR's and they were horrible in winter weather. MT/R's are said to be as bad from some guys I know around here and on forums. They don't have any/much siping.

Snow/ice and toughness were my top priorities for tires recently. I got KO2s and so far, excellent. they got a perfect score of 100 on some snow/ice test in Sweden. Only other tire to get that score were real snow tires. We haven't gotten dumped on yet, but from what I hear, they are super grippy in wet sloppy stuff.

I had MTR's and they were horrible in winter weather. MT/R's are said to be as bad from some guys I know around here and on forums. They don't have any/much siping.

Snow/ice and toughness were my top priorities for tires recently. I got KO2s and so far, excellent. they got a perfect score of 100 on some snow/ice test in Sweden. Only other tire to get that score were real snow tires. We haven't gotten dumped on yet, but from what I hear, they are super grippy in wet sloppy stuff.

I like my BFG MUD -TERRAIN T/A, 265/70 R17's they came stock with my 10-A Rubi and only have like 12,000 miles on them. One day when they wear out I may upgrade to a 33" tire. When we travel out of town it is often on the Turnpike and I recently had a huge Jeep pass me at about 70 MPH on the Highway and his front end started to wobble. It looked pretty freaky and unsafe. One has to rennet the higher the lift the more your CG goes, it comes down to Physics. On another note, I live in Miami so I don't need to worry about stuff like snow and ice, unless one day I decide to drive up to see you guys. ☀️

I like my BFG MUD -TERRAIN T/A, 265/70 R17's they came stock with my 10-A Rubi and only have like 12,000 miles on them. One day when they wear out I may upgrade to a 33" tire. When we travel out of town it is often on the Turnpike and I recently had a huge Jeep pass me at about 70 MPH on the Highway and his front end started to wobble. It looked pretty freaky and unsafe. One has to rennet the higher the lift the more your CG goes, it comes down to Physics. On another note, I live in Miami so I don't need to worry about stuff like snow and ice, unless one day I decide to drive up to see you guys. ☀️

Love to see a pic. I'm a big fan of the 10A Rubi, with the 17"s and the 265 size. I ended up going for same size tire with my TJ, and didn't really want to lift for the reasons you mentioned, plus wanted to try to keep mpg in check. I think it's a great size,that balances performance and practical. I like that it's narrower than most 32"s.