Best 37 inch tires for on & off-road? Want something quiet but good grip.

I really liked the 33" KM2's I had on my TJ for years. Lasted a long time, did great in rain, pretty good in snow, and held their own in mud. I'll be grabbing KM3's next time I change tires. I switched to Maxxis Trepadors from the KM2's and do not like them at all.

Also, make sure you are set up for 37's. If you have stock axles, do not run them.

If you plan on 37’s no tj axle will be able to handle them. Mud terrains will be no good on road. You need an all terrain tire. I’ll go with Bf Goodrich ko2’s. Keep in mind to run 35’s you need at least 5” of lift, adjustable control arms, SYE, double Cardon driveshaft , adjustable track bars front and rear. I’m sure I’m missing more stuff..oh yea you’ll need to re gear the diffs to. You’ll need way more to run 37’s.

Reactions: Alex01
@Daryl has been successfully been running 37s on his jeep with stock axles and I can assure you he has gone on tougher trails than I have. While larger axles are ideal the way you drive will have the largest impact on longevity.

Last edited:
Currently running 37 milestars and for a Pnw tire I'm looking at moving to a MTR or KM3. An AT tread around here will definitely pack up with mud so MT is required for wheeling IMO. Both KM3 and MTR have solid traction v noise reputation. The internet complaints I found were MTR can be hard to balance and KM3 might run a bit small.

Reactions: Apparition
@Daryl has been successfully been running 37s on his jeep with stock axles and I can assure you he has gone on tougher trails than I have. While larger axles are ideal the way you drive will have the largest impact on longevity.
Not many of us here care or are impressed that Daryl is running 37's on the factory axles. Few knowledgeable (!) Jeep builders would ever say 37's are ok to run on the TJ's Dana 30 or Dana 44 axles. It's not a matter of uf that size tire will cause problems like for the ball joints, it's when... at least if the owner is driving with them on trails that require 37's. Mall crawling? Sure, those axles will last longer. Good idea? Nope.

I like KO2s.

I'm not going to point out the fact that 37s on factory axles is a ticking time bomb, that's already been pointed out.

Hell, can you even get a KO2 or any decent riding tire for on-road use in a 37" size?

Reactions: James9100
Currently running 37 milestars and for a Pnw tire I'm looking at moving to a MTR or KM3. An AT tread around here will definitely pack up with mud so MT is required for wheeling IMO. Both KM3 and MTR have solid traction v noise reputation. The internet complaints I found were MTR can be hard to balance and KM3 might run a bit small.
The KM3s & MTRs are the ones im kinda leaning towards, here we have rock, snow, mud and highway. I currently run the KM2s but not the best on snow so wondering if KM3s might be better

I really liked the 33" KM2's I had on my TJ for years. Lasted a long time, did great in rain, pretty good in snow, and held their own in mud. I'll be grabbing KM3's next time I change tires. I switched to Maxxis Trepadors from the KM2's and do not like them at all.

Also, make sure you are set up for 37's. If you have stock axles, do not run them.
Yeah KM2s are pretty badass, just not good when it gets icy. KM3s have great reviews so leaning towards that. Thanks! & yes setting up for 37s.

Yeah KM2s are pretty badass, just not good when it gets icy. KM3s have great reviews so leaning towards that. Thanks! & yes setting up for 37s.

No mud tire is going to be all that great in ice unfortunately. I’ve only run KM2’s and Treps so I don’t have a wide variety of tire experience, but the KM2’s seemed to be pretty good as far as mud tires go in the snow and ice.

Good luck with that.

It can be done and plenty of people do.