Best 4 inch lift?

No suggestions for the...

Zone Offroad 4.25" combo kit: http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4.25in-suspension-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler/j25-j26

Or the...

BDS Suspension 3" kit: http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=35&yr=1997-2002&kid=418H

I'm surprised. Both hit the mid-$700s price point and are well regarded kits.
Those are both considered lower end lifts by most folks on this forum. Price isn't always an indicator, but it usually reflects either quality, reputation or both. In this case Currie, Savvy, OME and Metalcloak would take the cake.

If the OP is looking for a mid level lift he might consider BDS w Fox Shocks, Teraflex or Rubicon Express

Reactions: Zach Jones
Well, most people seem to agree that the best high end lifts (4") for the TJ are Currie, Savvy and Metalcloak. I run the Currie 4" lift, and just like the Savvy lift (which is essentially the same), it is indeed the Cadillac of Jeep lifts. It comes at a high cost though, that's for sure.

Stay away from Rough Country and Skyjacker, as well as any of the no name brand lifts. Those WILL DESTROY YOUR RIDE in terms of ride quality. They are cheap, but there's a reason they are so cheap.

The unfortunate truth of it is that I don't think it's possible to do a 4" suspension lift without spending at least $2000 or more, all while expecting a good ride quality.

I think your best bet would be to get the OME 2.5" lift (which is an outstanding lift and priced reasonably too) which will put you at 2.5" of lift. Add on a 1.25" JKS body lift (which also sets you up nicely for a tummy tuck in the future, if you want one), and you're sitting at 3.75" of lift. It will look good, fit 33" tires comfortably, and ride like a Cadillac without braking the bank.

That's the route I would go. In the end, you'll spend maybe $1500 or so at most, but you'll have a top shelf lift on your Jeep, no cheap garbage. Since it's only 2.5" of suspension lift as well, you'll avoid the hassle of adjustable control arms and having to change your pinion angle and such.

That's solid advice, I promise.
What size rim and width on the 33. Also, what is a good tire for off reading and driving ba k and forth to work?

Well, most people seem to agree that the best high end lifts (4") for the TJ are Currie, Savvy and Metalcloak. I run the Currie 4" lift, and just like the Savvy lift (which is essentially the same), it is indeed the Cadillac of Jeep lifts. It comes at a high cost though, that's for sure.

Stay away from Rough Country and Skyjacker, as well as any of the no name brand lifts. Those WILL DESTROY YOUR RIDE in terms of ride quality. They are cheap, but there's a reason they are so cheap.

The unfortunate truth of it is that I don't think it's possible to do a 4" suspension lift without spending at least $2000 or more, all while expecting a good ride quality.

I think your best bet would be to get the OME 2.5" lift (which is an outstanding lift and priced reasonably too) which will put you at 2.5" of lift. Add on a 1.25" JKS body lift (which also sets you up nicely for a tummy tuck in the future, if you want one), and you're sitting at 3.75" of lift. It will look good, fit 33" tires comfortably, and ride like a Cadillac without braking the bank.

That's the route I would go. In the end, you'll spend maybe $1500 or so at most, but you'll have a top shelf lift on your Jeep, no cheap garbage. Since it's only 2.5" of suspension lift as well, you'll avoid the hassle of adjustable control arms and having to change your pinion angle and such.

That's solid advice, I promise.
Hey Chris! Been a big fan of yours for over 5 years (secret fan) haha

But basically I've never had much to spend on my tj unfortunately however I'm finally able to spend some and want to know your advice if you will. I'm down in Australia and parts are getting g tougher to get so thought I'd act fast.

Ive got a 05 tj 2" Bl 2" iron man kit which is truly stuffed after racing a high tide down fraser island at 80 mph! (last owner installed all that) I installed an sye with tomwoods ds some bushwacker flares (which aren't highlines 😅

So I want to go a 4" lift I think so should I change out the 2" bl for 1" bl and get an OME 2.5 kit?

if you have a 2" BL and a 2" suspension lift your tub is already 4" up.
what size wheels are you running? are you looking for more suspension travel or more wheel space or both?

any more suspension lift could cause you to have to extend the driveshaft, TW can do this but you'll be waiting. for shipping both directions.

right now those fat rigid flares are probably whats making the space from wheels to body look smaller or tighter than it has to be.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Hey Chris! Been a big fan of yours for over 5 years (secret fan) haha

But basically I've never had much to spend on my tj unfortunately however I'm finally able to spend some and want to know your advice if you will. I'm down in Australia and parts are getting g tougher to get so thought I'd act fast.

Ive got a 05 tj 2" Bl 2" iron man kit which is truly stuffed after racing a high tide down fraser island at 80 mph! (last owner installed all that) I installed an sye with tomwoods ds some bushwacker flares (which aren't highlines 😅

So I want to go a 4" lift I think so should I change out the 2" bl for 1" bl and get an OME 2.5 kit?

Let's start with what size tires you plan on running?

Heck, I didn't even know Australians were allowed to leave their house ;)

Haha, mate we don't mention it it's just bloomin shocking politics!

Well as of last week I'm now allowed to go into cafes pubs so we are reaching the end of it all hopefully.

Anyway for chrissy (xmas) I just got some Maxxis razrs 33x12.5

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Budget wise I would think the ZONE 4 INCH is probably the best for a budget. If you spring for some Metal Cloak springs it would be better.

Haha, mate we don't mention it it's just bloomin shocking politics!

Well as of last week I'm now allowed to go into cafes pubs so we are reaching the end of it all hopefully.

Anyway for chrissy (xmas) I just got some Maxxis razrs 33x12.5
I put the Zone 4.25” on mine with 35s and stock arms as a cheap way to undo a lift that was on it when I bought mine. It worked well enough, even on stock arms. I have since added RockJock arms all the way around and it would be perfectly suited for 33s.

OME makes solid kit.

Hit the Glasshouse when you get it done and share pics!

Bucket list item for me is to run the Tele track up in Cape York.

OME makes solid kit.

Hit the Glasshouse when you get it done and share pics!

Bucket list item for me is to run the Tele track up in Cape York.
Haha mate literally did a few hours of 4x4 in glasshouse today in the jeep! Went for an overnight camp just off the trails there.Was awesome 👌 we live 20 minutes from glasshouse, little and big red are nuts will try with new lift.

I cannot wait to get a new lift on the jeep though... okay I'm thinking I just go the zone 4.25"? Or else..

Rancho 9000xl paired with some ome 2.5 springs..

20220420_090924.jpg

Screenshot_20220420-175521_Photos.jpg

This morning

Last edited:
Okay so I've ordered some OME 2" springs heavy duty in front and normal for back as it has that heavy front Bull bar in front. I also ordered a rear adjustable pan hard rod for rear and some spring spacers.

Witch shocks would you recommend? Ranchos?

Also should I keep the 2 1/2" body lift aswell? If I keep the body lift then my new shocks will have to be that extra 2 1/2" long as well right? If it's better to go down to a no body lift or less body lift I'd be happy to.

OME or Fox when it comes to shocks.

Does Fulcrum or Superior make TJ shocks?

OME or Fox when it comes to shocks.

Does Fulcrum or Superior make TJ shocks?
Don’t like either. Had the Fox Savvy Tuned TJ shocks for a month and sold them. OME Nitrocharger’s are said to be stiff. Tuned shocks absolute best. I run Rancho 5000X and am happy. Others prefer Skyjacker Black Max.

Don’t like either. Had the Fox Savvy Tuned TJ shocks for a month and sold them. OME Nitrocharger’s are said to be stiff. Tuned shocks absolute best. I run Rancho 5000X and am happy. Others prefer Skyjacker Black Max.

I got ride of my Rancho 5000x and went to non tuned Fox and they ride better.

YMMV

ETA: was also speaking to what is easily available in Australia.

Reactions: JMT

YMMV

Hey I get you it's hard to get some stuff down here...

Although yesterday I found there's an australaian rancho dealer! I just ordered my Rancho 5000x 0-2" for tj to go with the 2" OME springs.

Will let you know how they ride.

YMMV

Most of shocks is preference. Who knows how consistent the Fix Factory tube is? I’ve heard rave reviews and stark anger. Glad they worked out for you!