Best 4 inch lift?

What do you consider "crazy expensive"?

What size tires are you running, or want to run?

What is your budget?

Reactions: StG58
Well, most people seem to agree that the best high end lifts (4") for the TJ are Currie, Savvy and Metalcloak. I run the Currie 4" lift, and just like the Savvy lift (which is essentially the same), it is indeed the Cadillac of Jeep lifts. It comes at a high cost though, that's for sure.

Stay away from Rough Country and Skyjacker, as well as any of the no name brand lifts. Those WILL DESTROY YOUR RIDE in terms of ride quality. They are cheap, but there's a reason they are so cheap.

The unfortunate truth of it is that I don't think it's possible to do a 4" suspension lift without spending at least $2000 or more, all while expecting a good ride quality.

I think your best bet would be to get the OME 2.5" lift (which is an outstanding lift and priced reasonably too) which will put you at 2.5" of lift. Add on a 1.25" JKS body lift (which also sets you up nicely for a tummy tuck in the future, if you want one), and you're sitting at 3.75" of lift. It will look good, fit 33" tires comfortably, and ride like a Cadillac without braking the bank.

That's the route I would go. In the end, you'll spend maybe $1500 or so at most, but you'll have a top shelf lift on your Jeep, no cheap garbage. Since it's only 2.5" of suspension lift as well, you'll avoid the hassle of adjustable control arms and having to change your pinion angle and such.

That's solid advice, I promise.

thank yo
Well, most people seem to agree that the best high end lifts (4") for the TJ are Currie, Savvy and Metalcloak. I run the Currie 4" lift, and just like the Savvy lift (which is essentially the same), it is indeed the Cadillac of Jeep lifts. It comes at a high cost though, that's for sure.

Stay away from Rough Country and Skyjacker, as well as any of the no name brand lifts. Those WILL DESTROY YOUR RIDE in terms of ride quality. They are cheap, but there's a reason they are so cheap.

The unfortunate truth of it is that I don't think it's possible to do a 4" suspension lift without spending at least $2000 or more, all while expecting a good ride quality.

I think your best bet would be to get the OME 2.5" lift (which is an outstanding lift and priced reasonably too) which will put you at 2.5" of lift. Add on a 1.25" JKS body lift (which also sets you up nicely for a tummy tuck in the future, if you want one), and you're sitting at 3.75" of lift. It will look good, fit 33" tires comfortably, and ride like a Cadillac without braking the bank.

That's the route I would go. In the end, you'll spend maybe $1500 or so at most, but you'll have a top shelf lift on your Jeep, no cheap garbage. Since it's only 2.5" of suspension lift as well, you'll avoid the hassle of adjustable control arms and having to change your pinion angle and such.

That's solid advice, I promise.
Thank you very much ill look into the lift

Reactions: Chris
Reactions: JP98
I replaced my 4" Pro -Comp lift with Savvy and Rancho RS5000x shocks. Rides very smooth on the highway. My Jeep is my DD so I wanted the best I could get.

Reactions: Plumber1
Your shocks are what give you a good (or bad) ride. You can piece together some of these lifts with other parts which is what I did with the 2.5" OME. I went with their springs, 10mm spacer and rear trackbar relocation bracket, but combined with my Bilstein 5100's. I got such a good deal on the Bilstein's, that the whole thing ended up costing me <$500. At the same time, some swear by the OME Nitro Shocks and don't like Bilstein ride quality. I can't say because I've never had anything but Bilstein's. In any case, the point of this post is to consider putting some things together on your own, if you are comfortable, otherwise, the bigger names, OME, Savvy, Currie and Metalcloak, put together some great lift kits, you can't go wrong with them...

Reactions: Kevin E and StG58
Putting your own lift kit together is a perfectly legitimate way to go.

Figure out what it is you want to accomplish, figure out the parts that accomplish your goal, and away you go. Lots more complicated than writing a check and waiting for the big brown truck to arrive. Works great if you can stay focused and have patience.

@Zach Jones
I do quite good amount of off road but to get to the nicer trails I have to drive on highway more than what I like to. My 98 Sport has a 4" Skyjacker lift on it that I pay $650 for it and installed my self. I went this direction because the project was intent to be full off road, but even like this I do expense quite enough $ to make it to drive ok. I do also have a 2004 Unlimited that has OME 2.5" (reality 3.5"), OME Nitro charger, JKS adjustable track bars and I do install a 1" BML as I'm building up with a Tummy tuck on mind. This allow me to still use the OEM control arms for now, Jeep ride quality as it's best, 1500 miles later I have not a single complaint about this lift kit combination.. As @JMT suggest, is nothing wrong with consider to put something together if you feel comfortable to do so, many of us do the same. But if not just go with the big names and get a complete lift kit, you will not regret.

Has to said that On my recon for this lift kit parts I cross true DPG Off road website and discover that they sold the entire lift kit with the same parts I was looking for so to simplify things, I went ahead and order from them.

Putting your own lift kit together is a perfectly legitimate way to go.

Figure out what it is you want to accomplish, figure out the parts that accomplish your goal, and away you go. Lots more complicated than writing a check and waiting for the big brown truck to arrive. Works great if you can stay focused and have patience.
Agreed. I went with the OME LD kit, but after seeing @CodaMan's rig, I would have done the exact same thing:
img_20170517_194108702_small-jpg.jpg

Though it's not like I can't tweak my setup to achieve similar results. Nothing is set in stone.

Reactions: CodaMan
Check DPG offroad. If interested on OME gave a call to Dirk. Time well expend.
x2
Dirk has a good reputation, and asks a bunch of good questions before making a recommendation. He'll tune the suspension to what you tell him you are going to do with your TJ. DPG also has access to the entire OME line of springs, so you can get some of the less available spring rates (for the TJ) from them.