Best beadlock wheels

Tj04

TJ Enthusiast
Looking for 15x8 beadlock wheels with 4-4.5 backspacing. Nothing fancy. Preferably best wheel that is also inExpensive. I know best and cheap don't usually go together. Work with me here haha.

Looking at the pro comps but recent reviews seem to say they suck and 1 out of 4 wheels are bent fairly consiently and unusable. Frustrated to find many seemingly good brands have simulated beadlocks.

I do run Pro Comp 232 Series, they are metal and beadlock simulator and cheap.
Many no like the fact they are metal but i have not ran on issues yet. Have to mention that i have 33 and run 10 Psi when offroad, no problems or beads pop out.
The 350 a piece was what force meto set this project aside.

Reactions: derekmac
Do you want REAL beadlocks, or Simulated? 150-each for real beadlocks is gonna be tough to find.
+1

There's a lot that goes into a quality beadlock. I'm not sure that I'd trust a $150 actual beadlock rim off road. As an aside, I run my 31x10.50's down to 8 psi on a regular basis off road and on a 7" rim. Haven't lost a bead yet, but there's always a first time.

Looking for 15x8 beadlock wheels with 4-4.5 backspacing. Nothing fancy. Preferably best wheel that is also inExpensive. I know best and cheap don't usually go together. Work with me here haha.

Looking at the pro comps but recent reviews seem to say they suck and 1 out of 4 wheels are bent fairly consiently and unusable. Frustrated to find many seemingly good brands have simulated beadlocks.
Why do you think you need beadlocks? Why do you even want them? What size tire are you putting on them?

Also, before anyone considers Walker's wheels, you need to know they are not light, they are very heavy, heavier than most steel rims.

Ehh not really sure. Just looking for options right now. I don't want to spend $350 per wheel. I feel like many good wheels can be had for less than $150

I’m not sure you’re going to find a real quality beadlock for $150 a wheel. Maybe a fake beadlock that just looks like one.

Reactions: JMT
Why do you think you need beadlocks? Why do you even want them? What size tire are you putting on them?

Also, before anyone considers Walker's wheels, you need to know they are not light, they are very heavy, heavier than most steel rims.
Guess I'm just caught up in the possible upgrades I can do. I would buy them when I switch to 35s although I'm likely moving to 33s for a year or two first. So not immediately just trying to learn. I'll be doing 33x10.5 so I can use the stock 5 spike wheels my tj has that I like.

Ehh that won't cut it. Too mall crawler.

Single or double bead lock? Dunno if that's the term. Do I want them on both sides or is one side sufficient?

Unless you do some serious off-roading, I wouldn't mess with true beadlocks if it's mostly street driven. Real ones will be expensive, and more hassle than it's worth on the street.

Reactions: Starrs
Unless you do some serious off-roading, I wouldn't mess with true beadlocks if it's mostly street driven. Real ones will be expensive, and more hassle than it's worth on the street.
Understood. At a point the current TJ will become a non daily driver and off-road only and a replacement stock TJ will be used. That won't be for several or more years. Just looking for what's good and what will fit the bill later on.

If you don't mind, how are they more work on the street? I truly don't know.

I get it's expensive I'm trying to research what the preferred brands are and realize my request of cheap ones isn't viable.

Withdrawing the $150 range. Just looking for ideas and if single or double bead locks are preferred.

There is only a single bead lock wheel. A true beadlock will have a standard bead on the backside, and a bolt on Flange (bead) on the outside. There is a ridge on the back side of the tire bead and the flange of the bolt on piece clamps the bead on both sides. Prevents the tire from spinning on the wheel at low pressure. Most of what I've seen are around 450 a wheel...

Here is a Dirt Everyday video showing a true beadlock on a Raptor.

Technically, beadlocks are not DOT approved...so....

Reactions: Tj04
There is only a single bead lock wheel. A true beadlock will have a standard bead on the backside, and a bolt on Flange (bead) on the outside. There is a ridge on the back side of the tire bead and the flange of the bolt on piece clamps the bead on both sides. Prevents the tire from spinning on the wheel at low pressure. Most of what I've seen are around 450 a wheel...

Here is a Dirt Everyday video showing a true beadlock on a Raptor.

Your post is a bit confusing. There are several styles of bead locks. Single, double, both with rings, doubles with liners like Humvee rims, internal bead locks that don't require any bolting, and mechanical internal systems with clamps.

Technically, beadlocks are not DOT approved...so....
Technically, the DOT doesn't approve anything. If you are a supplier to the automotive industry, you build your parts to be compliant with the specifications that the DOT has come up with for each item that affects safety, etc.

No one has yet found a specific law on the books in any State that specifically makes bead locks illegal unless it was in the last couple of years.

Not to mention it is one of the higher pinnacles of hypocrisy to even question DOT compliance of bead lock rims by most rig owners.

The first thing that most do when they get their rig home is start taking it as far away from compliance as possible.

Ride height that affects crash test standards, yeah, screw that, I'm lifting it.
Bumpers that crumple as part of the crash test to slow down damage to occupants, screw it, I'm hanging giant chunks of steel in place of the stock ones. There are many other things but that should give an idea as to why I find it very odd that compliance is questioned for a single item and nothing else. When is the last time anyone looked at a tire they just bought to see if the DOT stamp was on it?