Best beadlock wheels

Understood. At a point the current TJ will become a non daily driver and off-road only and a replacement stock TJ will be used. That won't be for several or more years. Just looking for what's good and what will fit the bill later on.

If you don't mind, how are they more work on the street? I truly don't know.

I get it's expensive I'm trying to research what the preferred brands are and realize my request of cheap ones isn't viable.

Withdrawing the $150 range. Just looking for ideas and if single or double bead locks are preferred.
Bead locks with clamp rings and bolts are a maintenance item. The load range is limited due to the bolts only having so much strength. This is a big enough issue that Champion has stopped making bead locks for anything that sees pavement and others have quit making stuff that will fit a 3/4 ton truck and larger.

Bead locks are a solution to a problem. If you don't have the problem, you likely don't need the solution.

Reactions: Starrs and derekmac
Ehh that won't cut it. Too mall crawler.

Single or double bead lock? Dunno if that's the term. Do I want them on both sides or is one side sufficient?
If I wanted a street bead lock and had unlimited resources, I'd look for something like the Hutchinson versions or I would run with the ones from Coyote Enterprises that are internal and have no external clue unless you really know what to look for.

Your post is a bit confusing. There are several styles of bead locks. Single, double, both with rings, doubles with liners like Humvee rims, internal bead locks that don't require any bolting, and mechanical internal systems with clamps.

Technically, the DOT doesn't approve anything. If you are a supplier to the automotive industry, you build your parts to be compliant with the specifications that the DOT has come up with for each item that affects safety, etc.

No one has yet found a specific law on the books in any State that specifically makes bead locks illegal unless it was in the last couple of years.

Not to mention it is one of the higher pinnacles of hypocrisy to even question DOT compliance of bead lock rims by most rig owners.

The first thing that most do when they get their rig home is start taking it as far away from compliance as possible.

Ride height that affects crash test standards, yeah, screw that, I'm lifting it.
Bumpers that crumple as part of the crash test to slow down damage to occupants, screw it, I'm hanging giant chunks of steel in place of the stock ones. There are many other things but that should give an idea as to why I find it very odd that compliance is questioned for a single item and nothing else. When is the last time anyone looked at a tire they just bought to see if the DOT stamp was on it?

I guess I was speaking out of turn...I thought that Beadlocks were only on the outer rim. Thanks for the clarification.

Technically, the DOT doesn't approve anything. If you are a supplier to the automotive industry, you build your parts to be compliant with the specifications that the DOT has come up with for each item that affects safety, etc.

Good bit of information here, I didn't even realize this. When I see the "DOT Approved" stamp on parts, I always assumed that this meant it had to go through some sort of approval process by the DOT. Clearly I was wrong!

Can't really find any YouTube videos on them, but I did find an installation video:

Good bit of information here, I didn't even realize this. When I see the "DOT Approved" stamp on parts, I always assumed that this meant it had to go through some sort of approval process by the DOT. Clearly I was wrong!
Are you sure you've seen the word "approved" and not compliant? If anyone is using approved, they aren't quite using it correctly. It should have the DOT stamp and then some numbers that give the section of rules or standards it complies with or was used in the manufacturing of.

I was looking and didn't see much but I really didn't look that hard. I'll nose around and see what I can find in hopes it helps someone else out. They look very cool.
Harry is the owner and he used to be known as the Silver Coyote and lead many runs for his Ecological 4 Wheeling enterprise. I've known him since around June of 99 and have been friends with him since. One thing you should know is he never stops trying to improve them or make them better. He also has the world's best screw on tire deflators. Which by the way have been knocked off by many companies but like most things, knowledge does not equal understanding. They copy them but they don't work the same, aren't as consistent and for the vast majority, are not US made.

Reactions: Tj04
Are you sure you've seen the word "approved" and not compliant? If anyone is using approved, they aren't quite using it correctly. It should have the DOT stamp and then some numbers that give the section of rules or standards it complies with or was used in the manufacturing of.

You're right, I may have just seen "D.O.T.", next time I'll pay closer attention. This entire time, I thought it was "D.O.T. Approved".