Best Bimini / Sunshade

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
It's already getting hot in TX. Any beach jeepers or experienced with sunshades, please chime in, Summer is coming quick and I need one that shades all 4 seats. Is easy and reliable. Thanks!

It's already getting hot in TX. Any beach jeepers or experienced with sunshades, please chime in, Summer is coming quick and I need some kind of bimini/sunshade that shades all 4 seats. thanks Want something easy and reliable

I tell people all the time, this is one of the best things I've ever done to my TJ:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z3NH7BO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It keeps about 90% of the sun out (so you don't get burned), but lets just enough in, to let you know the top is definitely off!

Reactions: JMT
3.jpg
I'm no stranger to triple digits during the summer months, so this is how I roll many days when I'm not hauling the pups.

@Chris that link is dead, might want to try reposting it

I have a Jammock that I really like it. Similar in design to the spider shade in that it's a webbed material, easy to put on and take off, and you can (theoretically) lay down/sit in it like a hammock. I'll say that it isn't the most comfortable thing in the world for long periods of time, but it's fun to put it on the back roll bars and use it as a lounge chair sometimes. Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it's another option and kinda fun especially if you have small kids because it'd give them an easy/fun place to hang out at the campsite.
http://www.jammock.com

Anyone have experience with the Spiderwebs? Made in USA, 5 year warranty
Yes, Spiderwebshade supersedes Alien imo...I have the full TJ ShadeCage in Tan and it is made in Florida and backed with the warranty. They are a pretty solid brand, have many colors for folks wanting to add some color matching to their setups. They can also be left on the Jeep with the Hardtop put back on over it, so when you remove the hardtop the shade is still there and ready. Also apparently they have a rain cover in the works!

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/product-category/jeep-type/tj/?gclid=CPCc0dGT6tICFQVDhgodebsBLA

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that Alien sells colors also. What's funny is I was doing a search, and a couple of guys on WF got into a pissing match regarding the two brands. It was funny. Like one member said on that thread, these are not a cure for autism, just a mesh shade. Pick your poison and go with it. There's no discernible difference between the two. There are other versions also, one uses velcro straps instead of bungee balls. The bungee balls don't take any time at all, and are easy to keep track of.

Blah, wrong ling again. Either way, you get the idea. I have the Alien Shade version that covers the entire area. It works nicely, and you can't tell the difference between the Alien Shade and the Spider Web Shade (I've owned both). One is just cheaper!

The link is for the Alien brand. The other broken link was Spiderwebs. Anyone have experience with the Spiderwebs? Made in USA, 5 year warranty

I've had both. They're nearly identical and I can't say one is any better than the other. They're both of equal quality if you ask me.

They are basically the same in just about every way except SpiderWebShade has more configuration options available. They have 7 products available specific to TJ including the SpiderSides for the side of the cage in the rear, and the SpiderSkins for the front Tube Doors...as well as a ShadeCage 4 Piece set.

Reactions: Captainchad and JMT
Reactions: Chris
I have the Spiderweb Shade but I didn't use it much at all last summer. I prefer using a Safari top, so when the surprise thunderstorm rolls in I have some coverage. Of course in Texas I am guessing you don't see much rain!

I'm wanting to do the same as you. However I have no where to store the hardtop!

Also, what do you do when it rains? Just fold a soft top over the spider web shade?
I had the same problem with the HT. I knew it would never go back on the Jeep, but i wanted to keep it, incase iI ever decided to sell the Jeep. I've decided that unless I total the jeep some day, I will never sell it. So, I sold the HT on CL for $800.

As for when it rains, i just don't drive it that day....I'm lucky enuf to have a garage, and some backup vehicles.

Reactions: Kyle_W