Best Bimini / Sunshade

I had the same problem with the HT. I knew it would never go back on the Jeep, but i wanted to keep it, incase iI ever decided to sell the Jeep. I've decided that unless I total the jeep some day, I will never sell it. So, I sold the HT on CL for $800.

As for when it rains, i just don't drive it that day....I'm lucky enuf to have a garage, and some backup vehicles.
And yes...you can fold the softtop over the spiderweb shade, it dosent interfere

I got the SpiderShade. They acidentally sent me the LJ version (I have a TJ). But it worked out great, gives more coverage to the back seat. Cuts down on the sun as well as the wind. So far we love it!

For the hard top, the first thing my wife bought me for the Jeep was a Harken Hoist. It was a bit of a pain to install, but not the fault of Harken Hoist, it's a good system, just the home builders didn't equally space the struts in the ceiling. Once installed, it's a breeze to remove and put on the top. It takes ~ 15 minutes. It's no bother, really, and even in TX, I appreciate having the hardtop.

I had the same problem with the HT. I knew it would never go back on the Jeep, but i wanted to keep it, incase iI ever decided to sell the Jeep. I've decided that unless I total the jeep some day, I will never sell it. So, I sold the HT on CL for $800.

As for when it rains, i just don't drive it that day....I'm lucky enuf to have a garage, and some backup vehicles.

Ah ok, haha backup vehicles!

I like the hardtop for winter - plus, with it, its the quietest a TJ could ever be. I just have no where to put the dang thing since the house I live in is not mine. I guess make a wooden dolley for it? Because a ceiling mounted lift isn't an option.

Ah ok, haha backup vehicles!

I like the hardtop for winter - plus, with it, its the quietest a TJ could ever be. I just have no where to put the dang thing since the house I live in is not mine. I guess make a wooden dolley for it? Because a ceiling mounted lift isn't an option.
Made a wooden cart out of an engine stand (removable) that I put my HT on
img_0172-jpg.13043.jpg

Then store it in a lean-to made for the HT...no garage...
img_0173-jpg.13044.jpg

Reactions: Travis and Kyle_W
Because a ceiling mounted lift isn't an option.

Could you not still ceiling mount it and then remove it when/if you move? It's a lifetime investment. Only 8 holes in garage ceiling, wouldn't even notice them if I uninstalled. Installing it is a pain, but works well with a good plan. Uninstalling it would take 10 minutes.

I say go for it. Mine is the way it is because I made it initially for a JK 2-door freedom top, and that takes up less room than a TJ top; I modified it for the TJ, however, and it works for me.

Could you not still ceiling mount it and then remove it when/if you move? It's a lifetime investment. Only 8 holes in garage ceiling, wouldn't even notice them if I uninstalled. Installing it is a pain, but works well with a good plan. Uninstalling it would take 10 minutes.

Man it's tempting. Yes, I could keep it until I get my own house and then just install it permanently there, but i'm just weird about modifying someone else's property. Very very tempting though!

SpiderWebShade is the original. I have actually met the owner and yea they are build in Orlando, FL. He is a great guy and the rest of his staff are awesome. I first met him at the Jeep Beach show in Daytona where is does one of the parties. One of my god friends Sergio Pinillos works for them from being a driver to being part of many of the Jeep evens here in the east and some out west. They have another guy to takes care of the events out west.

Reactions: JMT
Spidershade. I got the LJ version for my TJ. Gives extra coverage in rear for my kids. Anyone ready for summer already? I can’t wait!