Best candy bar ever

Westtown Willy

TJ dummy
Supporting Member
When I was a kid (mid-late 70s) I probably ate 2000 of these things then they suddenly vanished from the shelves as quickly as they appeared; a Cadbury offering, I tracked them down through the wonderment that is Amazon - for nine bucks they carried a six-pack of them from the old UK all the way to my mailbox in 10 days. Say what you will about Bezos’ behemoth, it works better than it should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbar

The Starbar:

I plucked them out of my mailbox & immediately inhaled two of them, delicious, though I’m loathe to admit not exactly how I remember them (interior peanut goop to caramel ratio seems altered). After reading the Wikipedia page I’m guessing they went through too many incarnations. Or I’m just old and wrong.

Still happy as a fuck to have them though I probably shouldn’t have told the girlfriend that I had a surprise coming, we’re not scheduled to see each other until tomorrow night & I’m now thinking the last 4 probably won’t last as long as a Dana 35 running 40s climbing big rocks.

Anyone have a plausible lie to cover this situation :p?

Reactions: Chris
Well that's one I've never heard of or tried before!

I love those little Cadbury mini-eggs (the solid chocolate ones) that come out around Easter time. Those things are seriously addicting.

My wife likes the cadbury eggs during easter. Maybe I should get a box and see what she thinks.

As for me--I'll stick with my peanut m&ms

I'm fairly weak around the peanut butter Twix bars which are also harder to find. chocolate.. peanut butter and a cookie center. I will buy as many as I can find, put them in the freezer and gnaw on them when they're cold. Just don't know why they're not popular as everything else on the shelf seems to be the same: chocolate & caramel combinations.

Worked at M&M in the 70s, They get a dusting of sugar just before they get the hard shell coating sprayed on. They were still warm from roasting the peanuts and chocolate coating. Very addicting

Reactions: tworley
I was thinking 'bout the Zero bar all through this thread, and Lo and Behold, you posted it! I loved them as a kid, and then didn't have one for another 30 years, or so. When I finally did eat one as an adult, I damn near gagged. Dang, they're sweet!

I love peanut butter. Period. If it tastes like peanut butter, I'm in. The Munch candy bar is a peanut brittle bar with the brittle having a peanut butter taste. It's the bomb. That, and Reese's anything!

Reactions: DrDmoney