South Carolina Best Jeep Service in Greenville, SC?

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

New to this forum. Just moved to Greenville SC, and looking for advice on best place to get occasional service done.

Or, even if you don't know any particular places in Greenville, I wonder where most people take older Jeeps (mine is a TJ) for service? Dealership? Other chains?

Thanks,
Jonah

You just moved to Greenville, cool. I'm in Ohio and can't really help but have you had the TJ very long? Is it lifted or otherwise modified? Has it been OK so far?

Dealerships for most vehicles over 10 years old aren't the place to go and the big chains can be worse or maybe better. The best places I've ever found were local guys that have been in business at least several years. The less shops they have the better they seem to be. I found out about a local place when it moved it's 3rd shop near me. By a few years later they had three more places but they went down hill with each addition and I had to quit going there.

Your best bet for occasional service is wherever you can trust someone to work on any vehicle. That should be fine until you need something more Jeep related. Then you need a better answer than I can give you.

You just moved to Greenville, cool. I'm in Ohio and can't really help but have you had the TJ very long? Is it lifted or otherwise modified? Has it been OK so far?

Dealerships for most vehicles over 10 years old aren't the place to go and the big chains can be worse or maybe better. The best places I've ever found were local guys that have been in business at least several years. The less shops they have the better they seem to be. I found out about a local place when it moved it's 3rd shop near me. By a few years later they had three more places but they went down hill with each addition and I had to quit going there.

Your best bet for occasional service is wherever you can trust someone to work on any vehicle. That should be fine until you need something more Jeep related. Then you need a better answer than I can give you.

Thanks for this reply! Yes, had the TJ since 1998. It's in fine shape, but I'm in need of some basic service, and thought I'd try to set up a relationship with someone good.

Hi all,

New to this forum. Just moved to Greenville SC, and looking for advice on best place to get occasional service done.

Or, even if you don't know any particular places in Greenville, I wonder where most people take older Jeeps (mine is a TJ) for service? Dealership? Other chains?

Thanks,
Jonah
I'm a member of a jeep club and several members recommend Travelers Rest Auto. It is across from Sunrift Adventures. If you are willing to drive then there is Clemson 4 Wheel Center in Clemson and also Krawl Offroad in Anderson.

We have used Ken's Auto for 20 years and have been very happy. Unfortunately Ken just retired. :-(

When I got my Jeep last Spring and took it to Ken, he recommended that we go to Carlton Customs and talk to Buddy about 4x4 specific issues. I haven't needed to yet, but that's my plan.

Welcome to Greenville!

We have used Ken's Auto for 20 years and have been very happy. Unfortunately Ken just retired. :-(

When I got my Jeep last Spring and took it to Ken, he recommended that we go to Carlton Customs and talk to Buddy about 4x4 specific issues. I haven't needed to yet, but that's my plan.

Welcome to Greenville!

I always liked Ken, nice, honest, and fair prices.

Hey all, one more question on this thread: how about something as simple as a set of 31x10.5 AT tires? Anyone got any favorite tire shops here in Greenville?

I just discovered Adam at Total Tire on S Pleasantburg. Was part of the Orlando Jeeper's club and sounds like a real enthusiast.

Clemson 4 Wheel is well worth the drive. They have been in business for 50 years. They definitely know Jeeps. They do tires too!
If you dont want to go that far and it's just tires, then Piedmont Tire is good. We have done business with them for many years.

Nice, thanks. I'm excited to meet Adam at Total Tire, but will keep Piedmont in mind too.

I second Clemson 4 Wheel they are located on HWY 123 just outside Clemson towards Seneca. They have a great shop with lots of old and new stuff. HUGE Warn selection. They go every year on Ultimate Adventure as ambassadors for Warn. Another is Chris Durham Motorsport, another Ultimate Adventure Crony. He does hardcore stuff, but still does work on milder setups at his shop.

If you need classic Jeep advice, Ironman Restoration is a treasure trove. David knows just about everything there is to know about anything from 1943-1986 Jeep related. Ironman started as a shop building accessories for Hinkles Jeep in Pickens (Largest Jeep Dealer in Southeast/Country).

As for Greenville, I am not familiar with any place that specializes in Jeep/4WD only

Also I just found this post, so I thought I should offer my $0.02

I second Clemson 4 Wheel they are located on HWY 123 just outside Clemson towards Seneca. They have a great shop with lots of old and new stuff. HUGE Warn selection. They go every year on Ultimate Adventure as ambassadors for Warn. Another is Chris Durham Motorsport, another Ultimate Adventure Crony. He does hardcore stuff, but still does work on milder setups at his shop.

If you need classic Jeep advice, Ironman Restoration is a treasure trove. David knows just about everything there is to know about anything from 1943-1986 Jeep related. Ironman started as a shop building accessories for Hinkles Jeep in Pickens (Largest Jeep Dealer in Southeast/Country).

As for Greenville, I am not familiar with any place that specializes in Jeep/4WD only

Also I just found this post, so I thought I should offer my $0.02
Yes, Chris Durham is excellent as well. He and Cole at C4W are buddies and do all the major rides together. Both are jeep experts.
You mentioned Warn at C4W.....they are the closest authorized Warn repair center so yeah, lots of Warn stuff.
Hinkle's is an awesome story! At that time he was the largest jeep dealer in the world! Larry is a cool dude. Met him several times on rides.
For those not familiar with Hinkle's story, just Google it. Amazing!