Best lift for 32”-33” tire for TJ?

Reactions: twistedlv
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
There is a seller on Ebay offering the Zone 4.25 lift kit less shocks for $400. I would add Rancho RS5000X shocks and a JKS adjustable front track bar to the kit. That's what I would do if I were adding a lift today to accommodate 33s.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=254450931704

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into the Zone kit you found. Trying to price everything out for it to see how much cheaper it will be than the OME Ultimate. I will also call Dirk at DPG tomorrow to get his opinion.

I picked up my TJ from the local shop today (new gearing and lockers!) and he is trying to sell me on a $1600.00 4" RC lift. It also would need a SYE, driveline, and a couple other items bringing the total up to $2540.00 in parts(+ $1280 labor). I mentioned the OME kit to him and he didn't say anything bad about it but was really trying to sell me on the RC brand. I just cant bring myself to pay that much for a lift let alone a RC brand one after reading ALL the bad feed back on them.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
My rig has the RC 4" lift, I bought it that way. So I'm speaking from experience when I tell you to definitely go with the Zone combo lift, Rancho RS5000X shocks and JKS adjustable front track bar over the RC 4" lift. This set up will cost you ~$900 and provided you a very reasonably priced lift that will fit your needs

Now if you have unlimited funds I really like the OME Ultimate kit from DPG for $1499. IMHO it is an excellent option and will do all you want/need it to do and more.

Whatever you do don't let the guy at your shop talk you in to anything. I have learned you will get better advice on this site than you will at the local off-road shops.

My rig has the RC 4" lift, I bought it that way. So I'm speaking from experience when I tell you to definitely go with the Zone combo lift, Rancho RS5000X shocks and JKS adjustable front track bar over the RC 4" lift. This set up will cost you ~$900 and provided you a very reasonably priced lift that will fit your needs

Now if you have unlimited funds I really like the OME Ultimate kit from DPG for $1499. IMHO it is an excellent option and will do all you want/need it to do and more.

Whatever you do don't let the guy at your shop talk you in to anything. I have learned you will get better advice on this site than you will at the local off-road shops.
Thx for the advise!
I think I’ve decided on piecing together this lift on my own. I got excited last night and ordered a savvy body lift and brown dog motor mounts.I figure that’ll give me something to do while I decide which coils to go with and additional parts needed to gain a 2.5-3 inch suspension lift.
Right now I’m leaning towards zone coil’s, rancho shocks and some JKS parts.
Like Hobbes62 said earlier it’s my jeep, my choice right?!

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I’ve got the Zone 4” kit on mine with 33x12.50 tires. Previous owner put it on but I have had it for two and a half years with no complaints. I agree on getting better bump stops as the ones that come with it do not last long. Load range C tires and the right PSI make a huge difference. Mine has some no-name shocks on it that weren’t the ones that come with it and just the track bar relocation bracket. I can only imagine it will improve when I change those out.

Full disclosure though: I have not had mine in the rocks, just rough/unimproved trails and swampy paths, so using it for that application may be different. Just keep doing what you’re doing and learning from the forum.

I’m looking to get a lift for my new toy. It’s a 2000 TJ with 160,000 miles. It would be just for weekend fun driving. Not a daily driver. Since it is higher miles I don’t wanna spend a ton on it, but I also don’t want to get a pile of junk. This is what I am considering:

- OME Ultimate 2”
- 1” body lift (savvy?)

From my research this made me about 3 1/2 inches of lift without having to mess with the driveline and other components. What are your thoughts?
I run 33’s and I am extremely happy with my setup. I have 4 inches of lift (1in body and 3 suspension). I run old man emu shocks and love them. Check out my build thread or profile if interested in my setup.

I had been thinking that I wanted/needed a 4" lift to get mine sitting where I wanted it with 33" tires. Had been looking at the OME Ultimate from DPG Offroad in Derby, Kansas. Wasn't too afraid of the cost. But I think I was going to call them and order it and they were closed on Friday, the day I was going to call. Then someone posted a link to ebay with the Zone Combo kit (and no shocks) for $351. Well, heck fire, I ordered it. Plus JKS front and rear adjustable track bars, 3/4" front coil spacers, JKS quicker front disconnects, Rancho shocks and Core 4x4 adjustable control arms.

I only installed the suspension lift and components. I did not install the 1.25" body lift. I think I'm at the limit for getting in and out, with the step bars, and with my short inseam. You may have longer legs, LOL.

It was not drivable at all, the rear vibrations were so bad. Dropped the transfer skid almost 1 1/2" and it was barely tolerable. So, I put a slip yoke eliminator and Tom Woods shaft in. That solved the vibration issue.

Should I have gone with the OME? Hard to say. Am I happy with what I have? Sure. Is the OME a better kit? Probably. It's not just the lift kit. It's everything else. I'd read where some have issues and end up needed a SYE and others do not. I'd read about the motor mount spacers, the transfer case drops....all of it. My advice, would be to just go ahead and budget for the SYE.

I would have preferred the body lift to have aluminum spacers vs. plastic, but since I haven't installed the body lift, it doesn't matter. I got done with the suspension lift and told my buddy, I had no plans to install the body lift at that point. And I still don't.

April 2019:
20190429_193719.jpg

May 2019:
20190505_194319.jpg

January 2020:
20200202_111845-1.jpg

I measured before and after. Can't recall if I did a measurement after 6 months or not. Then I put the hardtop on, so, I'm sure it's not sitting as tall as the day I put the lift on. My inseam still thinks it's waaay up there though, LOL.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. If you don't have them already, spend/budget $90 for real GraBars. Like, from here!!! Worth every penny trying to get in and out of a lifted Jeep.

Reactions: koning2e
I had been thinking that I wanted/needed a 4" lift to get mine sitting where I wanted it with 33" tires. Had been looking at the OME Ultimate from DPG Offroad in Derby, Kansas. Wasn't too afraid of the cost. But I think I was going to call them and order it and they were closed on Friday, the day I was going to call. Then someone posted a link to ebay with the Zone Combo kit (and no shocks) for $351. Well, heck fire, I ordered it. Plus JKS front and rear adjustable track bars, 3/4" front coil spacers, JKS quicker front disconnects, Rancho shocks and Core 4x4 adjustable control arms.

I only installed the suspension lift and components. I did not install the 1.25" body lift. I think I'm at the limit for getting in and out, with the step bars, and with my short inseam. You may have longer legs, LOL.

It was not drivable at all, the rear vibrations were so bad. Dropped the transfer skid almost 1 1/2" and it was barely tolerable. So, I put a slip yoke eliminator and Tom Woods shaft in. That solved the vibration issue.

Should I have gone with the OME? Hard to say. Am I happy with what I have? Sure. Is the OME a better kit? Probably. It's not just the lift kit. It's everything else. I'd read where some have issues and end up needed a SYE and others do not. I'd read about the motor mount spacers, the transfer case drops....all of it. My advice, would be to just go ahead and budget for the SYE.

I would have preferred the body lift to have aluminum spacers vs. plastic, but since I haven't installed the body lift, it doesn't matter. I got done with the suspension lift and told my buddy, I had no plans to install the body lift at that point. And I still don't.

April 2019:
View attachment 142705

May 2019:
View attachment 142706

January 2020:
View attachment 1427080

I measured before and after. Can't recall if I did a measurement after 6 months or not. Then I put the hardtop on, so, I'm sure it's not sitting as tall as the day I put the lift on. My inseam still thinks it's waaay up there though, LOL.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. If you don't have them already, spend/budget $90 for real GraBars. Like, from here!!! Worth every penny trying to get in and out of a lifted Jeep.
Thanks for the advise and pics! What size tires do you have on it? I like the stance of your Jeep and think the 1 .25 BL would be perfect for what I’m wanting. However, I definitely understand the height issues getting in/ out. I’m not getting any younger!

Last edited:
Thx! Any reason to go with 10.5’s? I want 12.5’s but wondered about any rubbing issues

Some may have a preference with the narrower tire getting down through the muck to more solid turf while others need the wider tire to stay on top of whatever they're getting into. But, no. Not really. If I recall, I thought the 12.5 were almost cheaper than the 10.5, when I was looking. I went for looks, mainly. Like Sir Mix-a-lot said, "I like 'em real thick and juicy."

I’m looking to get a lift for my new toy. It’s a 2000 TJ with 160,000 miles. It would be just for weekend fun driving. Not a daily driver. Since it is higher miles I don’t wanna spend a ton on it, but I also don’t want to get a pile of junk. This is what I am considering:

- OME Ultimate 2”
- 1” body lift (savvy?)

From my research this made me about 3 1/2 inches of lift without having to mess with the driveline and other components. What are your thoughts?

If you really think you won’t want to get bigger tires than 33s in the future, this is a great setup that avoids a lot of the add ons needed when you get into the 4” territory like a slip yoke eliminator, adjustable uppers, and CV driveshaft.

You absolutely do not need 4” to run 33” tires. 3.25” is plenty.

If you really think you won’t want to get bigger tires than 33s in the future, this is a great setup that avoids a lot of the add ons needed when you get into the 4” territory like a slip yoke eliminator, adjustable uppers, and CV driveshaft.

You absolutely do not need 4” to run 33” tires. 3.25” is plenty.
If you are willing to increase the bumpstops considerable, yes. If not, then a highline.

I am sure best really depends on who you ask. One advantage of a 4" lift is you have the option later to run 35" tires - either with reduced travel, or moreover with a 1"-1.5" body lift. If you do the body lift, you can eventually do a tummy tuck as well.

As for lifts, I read good things about Curry and Savvy - but those will cost a bit more. Are they the best for the money, that depends budget I guess.

Reactions: John Cooper