Best location to hide a key on a Jeep?

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I'm running a soft top. So it could go on the inside too:

Where's the best place to hide a key on a Jeep? Are those hide a key magnetic boxes helpful? Or is there another preferred method?

Inside the trailer hitch? Inside the front bumper - I have my milk jugs removed - and no end cap installed yet.?

I guess it could go on the inside of the Jeep. Since I'm running a soft top year round. And my doors don't lock. Maybe taped up under the console? Or under the dash?

It could go in the engine compartment too.

What's your favorite hiding place?

You could hide it inbetween the rollbar and padding? A magnetic holder would probably also work on the top side of the belly pan.

Magnetic key holder under the hood, out of sight.

Liberty Lake, WA. Duly noted. It even has a tow bar. :)
11266.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BigWheel88
In my pocket. Too many people know all the "easy and convenient " places. My buddy has a spare. If I need it he bails me out. I have his spare keys too. Makes me less likley to loose it (at least in my brain) if I have to go through all that.

Reactions: Jack72 and Hook_62
Decades ago a friend with a convertible LeBaron turbo drove up. He was extremely proud of His new magnetic hide-a-key location and challenged me and a friend to find his spare key. We searched the best we could and finally gave up. He told us it was in the exhaust pipe. He didn't figure out why we were laughing until He went to look for his key.

Last edited:
Glue a strong magnet to it and stick it on one of the seat frames. Front or back. Under the carpet...lots of great places on the things. Everything can pull out so easy. I wouldn't worry about people looking for it. If they really want to steal it, they not be using a key to do it.

Reactions: AndyG