Best mirrors for doors off?

Stretch

TJ Enthusiast
Hi all,
If the sun will ever come out I'm gonna try to crack 15 years of rust in my hinges and attempt to get the doors off my new to me jeep. But to stay legal I need a set of mirrors...I like the idea of the easy on/off but can't find any with great reviews. Anyone have anything they run and like?
Cheers

Hi all,
If the sun will ever come out I'm gonna try to crack 15 years of rust in my hinges and attempt to get the doors off my new to me jeep. But to stay legal I need a set of mirrors...I like the idea of the easy on/off but can't find any with great reviews. Anyone have anything they run and like?
Cheers
I run the 19.95 Amazon ones that go through the top door hinge ....I like the look but otherwise do don't care for the install...I'd love to see one with powerful magnets for the window frame ...which is nuts probably. I'd be soaking those hinges in some penetrant way ahead .

I've been using these for almost 3 years. I added a collar on the top to act as a stop, used a nylon washer on the bottom with a nylon locknut. They work well for me. I recently put new Delrin bushings my hinges and they didn't want to slide in, so I sanded down the shaft of the mirror until it fit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012IEI1H4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Mirrors1.JPG
Mirrors2.JPG
Mirrors3.JPG
IMG_3536.JPG

I am running the Harley Davidson mirrors, I have tried some of the others but they vibrated so bad they were useless. Make sure whatever you get have short arms. Sorry for the poor picture but its the only one I can find

jeep 1.jpg

HD.png

I am running the Harley Davidson mirrors, I have tried some of the others but they vibrated so bad they were useless. Make sure whatever you get have short arms. Sorry for the poor picture but its the only one I can find

View attachment 160724

View attachment 160726
Do the Harley mirrors fit tight? I have new bushings coming , just want to avoid any major drama.

Reactions: Stretch
If I could jump in to ask some help too. I'm looking for an alternative for my current mirror set up. They were relocated to the beam and the bracket looks terrible and shakes horribly.

Wow crackedcorn, you sure love your up-travel! 😀
those were my garage tires...when I lived in NJ my garage wasn't tall enough for my jeeps on their normal tires

here's a pic where you can see it barely fits even with those
O1J9wac.jpg

my AZ garage is much taller, so I can leave the Jeeps on their normal tires all the time now :D

pic of them hanging out in the backyard...note that the moving company broke one of my YJ's mirrors
3W5FHv3.jpg

Reactions: Blondie70