Best mirrors for doors off?

I will just roll with no mirrors.

Tried the relocation brackets, they were so so.

I have no problem with no mirrors.

I always think that until its time to back into the garage.

My garage isn't that big of an issue!!!
20231006_154041.jpg

The only problem with mine is, they're made in China!
I'm on a big FUCK CHINA mantra these days.
Think I'll be ditching them just because of that and going with these instead, made in good ol' USA on US made CNC mills.
Carolina Metal Masters side mirrors.
View attachment 161020

View attachment 161021

I know this is an old thread, but what grab handles are those? How do they mount? I’ve been looking for decent set that doesn’t require a lot of modification to the stock trim etc.

Nope. A blind man could back in there. I think you had this picture in the "detached garage/shed/shop" thread and it pissed me off there too! Jealousy. I love my neighborhood but there is no room for this of course. They dont even allow sheds.

I remember when I lived in Ocoee and Apopka, all the rules they had for storage buildings and such.

That was back in the late 70's early 80's.

I couldn't imagine what it's like now.

I know this is an old thread, but what grab handles are those? How do they mount? I’ve been looking for decent set that doesn’t require a lot of modification to the stock trim etc.

Carolina Metal Masters- CMM
They bolt to the side roll bars, the mirrors are their's too, but extra.
Kinda pricey, but nothing else like em.
$200 for the bars, $200 for the mirrors.

Reactions: John Cooper
Carolina Metal Masters- CMM
They bolt to the side roll bars, the mirrors are their's too, but extra.
Kinda pricey, but nothing else like em.
$200 for the bars, $200 for the mirrors.

I looked at both the CMM and ATP, I went with the ATP because I got them from a member here.

Not alot of differences between the 2 and both are made in USA!!!!!

So I say it's a win, win with either one.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Thank you, they both look like a good option.

I almost went with the ATP's too for cost, but I wanted the mirrors too and wasn't sure I could add them to those grab bars.
Plus, I wanted raw aluminum to match my other aluminum and at the time the ATP's only came painted with an epoxy.

Mine are ATP, they don't have the holes like the CMM.

I am thinking of relocating mine back a little further.

View attachment 484732

Nothing a drill press wouldn't handle if you wanted to add the mirrors, but I don't have a drill press. lol
I think ours are the best looking option out there today, I get people asking about mine all the time when my doors are off.
I even caught Daryl Dixon (the guy w/the bow on Walking Dead) eyeballing my Jeep at a red light in Senoia one day (show was filmed here). lol

Last edited:
I have thought about that, but with half doors I very rarely run doorless anymore.

Dang decisions, decisions....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

LOL, my doors come off in the spring and don't go back until it's cold again.
I bought the "Rain Gear" cab cover for rainy days, the only I've found you can use with the top up and frick'n love it!

• Love
LOL, my doors come off in the spring and don't go back until it's cold again.
I bought the "Rain Gear" cab cover for rainy days, the only I've found you can use with the top up and frick'n love it!

When my Jeep wasn't my daily driver, I did the same thing.

40 miles one way of pre-daylight interstate driving stinks on the way to work.

The ride home Is great with no doors.

• Love
Reactions: Tray Burge
When my Jeep wasn't my daily driver, I did the same thing.

40 miles one way of pre-daylight interstate driving stinks on the way to work.

The ride home Is great with no doors.

Oh, no way for me too.
Before I retired I only drove 10 miles to the office so that was nice, but that far, for work, smelling diesel fuel no way!
Now I switch between my truck and the Jeep every day.

I bought the brackets that attach to the upper hinge flange on the body. I just move the stock mirrors from the hinges on the full doors to the brackets on the tub when I take the full doors off in the spring.

1997 TJ  Mirror mount.jpg

Last edited: