Double DIN Android Head Unit (InsaneAudio TJ1001) Chinese Knock-Off Review

That is pretty damn cool but I have my doors and top off way too often and something like that makes me worry. I have the stock SE "stereo". It doesn't even have a tape player. LOL

If you have a factory sub, will it work with this deck (or any aftermarket one)?

My factory sub isn't firing but my factory sub sounded like total crap anyway and my whole system sounds better since than previous aftermarket head unit which did power the sub. I plan on getting an aftermarket amp and installing a 10" custom sub/box in place of the factory sub.

Reactions: derekmac
Is there anyway you could make a tutorial of the install for some of us complete newbs? Or is this simpler than I think it is.

First you remove the top plastic trim piece from the dash. I start on the side where the VIN plate is and gently pry up from left to right. Right in the middle underneath that piece are two screws that hold the center dash bezel on. Remove those two screws then gently pry off that center bezel starting from the top. Four screws hold the stereo in and if it's the stock stereo there is a nut or a screw (I don't remember which) at the very back of the unit that you have to feel for and remove. Slide the stereo out and unplug the stuff from the back. Grab your awesome new S160 and plug in the antenna and the harness. It was truly plug and play. Then reinstall the trim pieces in reverse order.

Super easy and not complicated at all. Still loving the stereo. It sounds great and has every feature you could imagine.

I even have a Bluetooth OBDII reader and it interfaces with the unit perfectly.

Reactions: derekmac and Chris
I just so happen to be looking for some options for playing audio from my iOS device via USB and/or Bluetooth. I'm currently leaning toward adding a USB/Bluetooth receiver for the stock radio. I figure it should be pretty safe since it will still look like a crappy 10-year-old stock stereo. Problem is, now that I've seen this radio, I really like it. Maybe I'll look into a fake-out faceplate. :emoji_smiling_imp:

@badlieutenant I was wondering if you still had this and whether your impressions have changed over time. Any quirks?

I just so happen to be looking for some options for playing audio from my iOS device via USB and/or Bluetooth. I'm currently leaning toward adding a USB/Bluetooth receiver for the stock radio. I figure it should be pretty safe since it will still look like a crappy 10-year-old stock stereo. Problem is, now that I've seen this radio, I really like it. Maybe I'll look into a fake-out faceplate. :emoji_smiling_imp:

@badlieutenant I was wondering if you still had this and whether your impressions have changed over time. Any quirks?

@xenocryst I love the stereo man. Best few hundred bucks I've spent on the Jeep. The only quirk I've found is when playing FM radio, when adjusting the volume it's kinda of jumpy. I'd bet it's the front end programs fault but I haven't bothered finding a different app to use. It doesn't bother me enough to want to change it. Other than that, it's amazing. I drove 4 hours yesterday and my boy watched movies off the SDCARD the whole time. I use Pandora on it all the time... And Netflix. Also, Google Navigation is so awesome.

4d8593f8c9ee554a68d65662b0329503.jpg

f2cc1e9ea33abbeadb62fd25d1d9d34b.jpg

Just stop it! I keep running out of excuses to avoid this! I'm trying to stick with my stock radio and a USB/Bluetooth adapter. :lol:

Just stop it! I keep running out of excuses to avoid this! I'm trying to stick with my stock radio and a USB/Bluetooth adapter. :lol:

Google Nav!

Pandora!

Netflix!

Plex!

32GB (+16GB) of storage!

Touch screen!

Android Market!

Digital TV!

DVD player!

OBDII reader-ready!

Perfect fit and plug and play!

Hands-free phone!

Voice commands!

It has errrrrrthang!

Reactions: Mikester86
If you can confirm it does AirPlay and iOS mirroring well, I may be sold. I have an iPhone and want access to all my music there without having to transfer. Also, did you ever get the subwoofer working? That would still be important to me.