Double DIN Android Head Unit (InsaneAudio TJ1001) Chinese Knock-Off Review

From quadratec goes in dash. Theft deterrent metal housing with a locking cover over the radio face.
You mean that cheaply made/poorly constructed easy to break open thing with an undersized lock they claim helps protects radios but doesn't? A big flat screwdriver will pop it off with little effort.

Reactions: Kevin E
You mean that cheaply made/poorly constructed easy to break open thing with an undersized lock they claim helps protects radios but doesn't? A big flat screwdriver will pop it off with little effort.

Jerry is right. That thing isn't going to protect your radio at all @TalonClaw, it's a piece of garbage (I've been looking at it the past hour or so). I could get a radio out of that thing in less than 5 minutes, guaranteed.

Okay, the windows version is complete trash. Do not buy it. It runs windows CE and has over heating problems. There are different revisions where the manufacturer added a bunch of heat sinks. Actually, it looks like they're using Windows 8 as well now.

I still would say Android is a much safer bet.

Also, the anti theft device will actually probably fit it... the stereo fits just like the soock one so I don't see why it wouldnt fit.. but I don't see the point. if someone tried to steal my stuff, if I don't catch them and

I'll be back with a vendor. - - roadnav.com

Last edited:
I just don't know how I could justify a $300 stereo. College costs are really catching up to me hah. I'll keep searching. I REALLY like the android os

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay, if you want the most awesome stereo you will ever own - all you need to do is:

Contact RN_Tao on the roadnav.com forum or email [email protected] for price and delivery. I would just email the vendor. I'm not sure what year your TJ is but if its a 2003-2006, you'll want the M201 S160. It fits perfectly, as seen in the above photos. Mine came with a plug and play harness. I believe it's the same harness and same DIN slot as the Chrysler Town and Country because that is what was in the description of mine. I would buy it via roadnavi.com before anyone else just because they do such a good job at providing support. Ah, I just realized its roadnavi.com for the vendor website and roadnav.com for the forum support. So, on roadnavi.com, on the front page - look what I found:

http://www.roadnavi.com/product/m201-jeep-wrangler-media-satnav-2003-06/

Bam!

Last edited:
Hahahahahahha!! That fund would never be greatly enough to "finish" modding a tj. Thanks for all the info! I'll send an email tomorrow. Appreciate it Man!

I don't remember if I mentioned it but the only quirk (bug) I had noticed before was the volume being twitchy control on the FM tuner app.

The last software update for the stereo fixed that bug and has made the entire thing seem to run smoother and faster.

I.

Love.

It.

Me and my son and daughter were driving around earlier in the LJ watching Star Wars: Return of the Jedi... via this kick ass stock looking unit.

7c6f50a01e34a9c900bb9b6f7552d13b.jpg

I don't remember if I mentioned it but the only quirk (bug) I had noticed before was the volume being twitchy control on the FM tuner app.

The last software update for the stereo fixed that bug and has made the entire thing seem to run smoother and faster.

I.

Love.

It.

Me and my son and daughter were driving around earlier in the LJ watching Star Wars: Return of the Jedi... via this kick ass stock looking unit.

View attachment 9688

That's awesome. Is that a disc? Mirrored off an iPhone? Or off an app via the android store?

That's awesome. Is that a disc? Mirrored off an iPhone? Or off an app via the android store?

Plex. I have a Plex server with my music and movies so I can access my media no matter where I am.

Netflix works great too. Like, really great.

Pandora is awesome.

I downloaded most of central Texas in Google Navigation so when I don't have internet I still have all the maps and gps stuff I could need.

Bro. It even has a coax for a digital tv antenna. I was thinking about getting one those paper thin indoor Leaf digital television antennas and mounting it up inside the dash, completely out of view. It'll probably pick up a good 30+ digital channels. The best part is no matter where I am, I'll be able to receive digital tv. I think tomorrow I'm gonna go get one.

Plex. I have a Plex server with my music and movies so I can access my media no matter where I am.

Pandora is awesome.

I downloaded most of central Texas in Google Navigation so when I don't have internet I still have all the maps and gps stuff I could need.

Bro. It even has a coax for a digital tv antenna. I was thinking about getting one those paper thin indoor Leaf digital television antennas and mounting it up inside the dash, completely out of view. It'll probably pick up a good 30+ digital channels. The best part is no matter where I am, I'll be able to receive digital tv. I think tomorrow I'm gonna go get one.

Let us know how the digital antenna works and where you end up mounting it.

I just ordered myself one, I've been looking to get something but hate the way the aftermarket setups look. Your review sold me by the way! Just take my money already haha. I'll let you know how it goes!

Pandora is awesome.

Gads, another thing I "have" to buy. I love the look. I want the backup camera function and of course would love to Bluetooth my phone for calls and playing music from my phone, I have a lot of music on there.

Reactions: Chris

Pandora is awesome.

I could use some help with getting the maps setup...just got mine installed and I feel like a complete newbie working with it. I could start a new thread or I could just PM you whatever works...

I could use some help with getting the maps setup...just got mine installed and I feel like a complete newbie working with it. I could start a new thread or I could just PM you whatever works...

Do you have an android market account? If so, just download google navigation or google maps (I don't remember what it's called). Once you've got it downloaded go to the options and download offline maps. It lasts a month but anytime the device is online you can update them in the background. There's other nav programs too but I always preferred googles nav app.

Reactions: Ussmoore16
Jerry is right. That thing isn't going to protect your radio at all @TalonClaw, it's a piece of garbage (I've been looking at it the past hour or so). I could get a radio out of that thing in less than 5 minutes, guaranteed.

Nothing is theft proof. However, the ivault is a great theft deterrent.

Reactions: Chris