1. Forum decals are here! Visit this thread to order your Wrangler TJ Forum decal!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum t-shirts are here! Get yours by clicking here for colored logo shirts or clicking here for black and white logo shirts.

If you support the forum and would like a cool shirt, be sure to order one! As always, the small amount of profit I make off of these goes to paying operational expenses for the forum. Trust me, I'm not getting rich off this.

Dismiss Notice

Best "mod" ever!!!

Discussion in 'TJ General Discussion' started by badlieutenant, May 4, 2016.

1. Jay

Jay TJ Enthusiast

Does this not have USB or auxiliary input?

2. Ussmoore16

Ussmoore16 New Member

I did the same thing, I thought the two faux buttons were for mini SD cards

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

4. badlieutenant

badlieutenant Moderator Staff Member

Yes it has every port you could want.

Jay likes this.
  5. badlieutenant

Chris likes this.
  6. badlieutenant

Oh and stay away from the "Koolertron" versions. They run WinCE and are total pieces of shit.

dylansalrin likes this.
  7. dylansalrin

dylansalrin CRNA In Training Supporting Member

Looked into this for a long time. I determined I might want something a little bigger but didn't like the ugly double din aftermarket look so I went with the joying 7" android 5.1 single din unit. Going to recess it into the dash and it was half the cost as the stock looking unit. Don't wanna hijack the thread but just thought I'd post so when it gets here I can compare to the proven unit (yours).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. badlieutenant

Link?

Oh, I found if. I sort of remember people on another forum complaining about this unit because it covers controls or the vents or something. I believe it may have been the vents and when the heater was on it was causing issues with the screen. I don't remember for sure.

Let's see pics! I looked it up and looks like the tits!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  9. dylansalrin

dylansalrin CRNA In Training Supporting Member

this is it. It can be adjusted up/down so I will have to find the perfect place where it doesnt cover climate controls/vents. If i measured correctly it will JUST fit. May have to trim the dash to recess it. Will definitely post when it gets here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JOY...32784647594.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.nIt0Oq

10. badlieutenant

I demand pics immediately! ;-)

I like it but I'd rather spend the extra hundred for the stock look/fit. I'm not a thief but I bet Chris would jack that of your jeep in a minute!

dylansalrin likes this.
  11. badlieutenant

@Chris is a HUGE android fan... so having the ability to run android on a 7" screen in his Jeep is like magic... a gift from above.

12. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I loathe Android after using vanilla android on our daughters Nexus tablet. Makes me so happy I use iOS!

13. Davidtj

Davidtj Member

Like the looks of a factory looking touch screen has anyone seen this for 2002 and older (radio is square around edges)

14. Fouledplugs

Fouledplugs Member

Please check a prev post. Have you contacted the vendor?

See below for prev post.

15. Fouledplugs

Fouledplugs Member

@badlieutenant are you still loving your radio?

16. lovemachine

lovemachine TJ Enthusiast Supporting Member

Dang I just saw this thread. I now have to come up with some spending cash...

17. LCL-Dead

LCL-Dead Member

I'm tempted.. seriously tempted. I just can't figure out how, in my head, to justify it. The features are neat, sure, but how's it handle weather? How does it handle humidity and condensation?

Will it be like my buddy's 2016 Willys JK and shit the bed the first time I leave it out in the rain with the top off? Cause I'm a forgetful SOB sometimes.

18. I like it. This might find is way into my jeep. So annoying not being able to stream bluetooth from my phone

19. badlieutenant

Absolutely love it. It makes driving around the city and highway feel like a whole new experience. I'm planning on installing some cameras front and rear and wiring them up to the unit (for fun).

20. badlieutenant

I haven't had any issues but I haven't ever left it out in the rain. I have driven in the rain with the top off and it was so weird because the entire inside didn't feel like it got wet while moving.