Double DIN Android Head Unit (InsaneAudio TJ1001) Chinese Knock-Off Review

I haven't had any issues but I haven't ever left it out in the rain. I have driven in the rain with the top off and it was so weird because the entire inside didn't feel like it got wet while moving.

I keep hearing that from Jeep owners......keep moving , stay dry.
Makes sense to a degree but I'll have to experience it myself. Lol

Yes it is. Sent them dimensions and picture of factory radio

Hmmmm.

There are like 50+ styles it seems. Well, 100+ actually.

I'm not a betting man but look at this list:

https://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmware-aa/s160-android/38045-s160-available-models

Surely one of those fits in the square 1.5 DIN. I'll start looking for ya.

edit: notice how the list doesn't even say 2003-2006 wrangler. The one I got was actually listed on that website as belonging to a Chrysler minivan. On eBay it said it would fit a 2006 wrangler. There has got to be one for the earlier TJ's. We just have to find it.

Mine is the S160 M201.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.

There are like 50+ styles it seems. Well, 100+ actually.

I'm not a betting man but look at this list:

https://www.roadnav.com/forum/firmware-aa/s160-android/38045-s160-available-models

Surely one of those fits in the square 1.5 DIN. I'll start looking for ya.

edit: notice how the list doesn't even say 2003-2006 wrangler. The one I got was actually listed on that website as belonging to a Chrysler minivan. On eBay it said it would fit a 2006 wrangler. There has got to be one for the earlier TJ's. We just have to find it.

Mine is the S160 M201.
This is response from roadnav if you see something that you think works let me know would be great. There response is pretty funny

Hi

Sorry that confirmed M201 not works with Rangler 2001, the size is different.

Kind regards,
Tao

This is response from roadnav if you see something that you think works let me know would be great. There response is pretty funny

Hi

Sorry that confirmed M201 not works with Rangler 2001, the size is different.

Kind regards,
Tao

Yeah, there is a bit of a language barrier.

There has got to be one that fits, we just need to find it. There are over 100 variations.

I bought this same head unit for my 2005 Rubicon. S160 M201

I finally found a way to get the sub to work on this!

1) Wire the "ANT-C" output from the head unit to the switched power for the SUB.
2) Then, I noticed that the sub was extremely faint. What I uncovered was that the head unit mixed up the + and - wires for the rear speakers/sub. If you swap the + and - wires for the left and right rear speakers, the SUB will work as expected. (DO NOT swap the front speaker wires, these are correct)

Other than this, it is an OK headunit. Not really worth the cost IMHO.
1) It freezes often when using IPOD mode and listening to music through phone.
2) Music over Bluetooth is unusable and sounds terrible.
3) Most of the time, my iPhone won't connect over Bluetooth automatically. Sometimes it work, but rarely.
4) Had to place all music on an SD card. Occasional skipping in the music occurs. I read this can be remedied by removing all G-Apps. So, I may try this in the future.

I hope this can help some people who bought this head unit.

1) Wire the "ANT-C" output from the head unit to the switched power for the SUB.
2) Then, I noticed that the sub was extremely faint. What I uncovered was that the head unit mixed up the + and - wires for the rear speakers/sub. If you swap the + and - wires for the left and right rear speakers, the SUB will work as expected. (DO NOT swap the front speaker wires, these are correct)

3) Most of the time, my iPhone won't connect over Bluetooth automatically. Sometimes it work, but rarely.
4) Had to place all music on an SD card. Occasional skipping in the music occurs. I read this can be remedied by removing all G-Apps. So, I may try this in the future.

Thanks for sharing that. While I don't have one of these units (yet), I have no doubt someone will find this helpful, probably @badlieutenant himself!

Reactions: GPSsignallost
Another tip, take the front facia off the radio and peel up the WIFI antenna and route it outside the head unit.
I went from about 6ft range and couldn't connect to my house wifi, to around 30ft+ range. Still not great, but much better.

Reactions: KCsTJ

Thanks for the sub info! My sub is garbage so I just took it out but when I put a new one in I’ll be sure to switch the wires.

I’ve never had it freeze up on me, Bluetooth works great for me (it doesn’t automatically connect for me every time but it sounds fine), I experience no skipping at all with music on my SDcard. Do you have the latest firmware installed?

I think u got the last one badlieutenant .. (currently unavailable)...

I believe there is an updated one that includes the latest version of Android. RoadNav is just a distributor of the S160. I’ll post again here in a few if I can find the newer model.

I really don’t see any point in a newer model simply because it has a newer version of android. I really couldn’t be more pleased with this stereo and the price is absolutely worth it. There are way more expensive stereos that don’t do half the things this one does.... and it looks completely stock. No DIN mods or cutting and it even matches the factory plastic dash.

Here’s a direct link to RoadNav’s site that seems to still have it for sale:

http://www.roadnavi.com/product/m201-jeep-wrangler-media-satnav-2003-06/

“Aftermarket In-dash car dvd player w/ GPS navigation system for Jeep Wrangler 2002-2006. Headunit is designed to upgrade stock radio, no gap installation, no cut wires, support rear view camera.”

Totes awesome.

This one has Windows CE.... which I do NOT recommend, but if windows is your thing then here you go:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=253214228015

I -know- I had found an updated one with Android 8.0 (or whatever the latest greatest Android is) not very long ago. I really recommend the android version over the windows version. I loathe Windows and being able to have access to the thousands upon thousands of apps available on the android market is totally kick ass.

Did I mention it was literally plug and play?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I just got mine in today I hope it is easy to install they also gave me rear camera but I am not sure if it will work but so how long did it take to install? I am excited to try it out