Best order for installing new Armor for best fitment between the Sliders/Corners?

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So as I’ve said in other posts I’m switching from steel to Aluminum armor and it’s the new generation of armor so the hose unfortunately are not aligned from old to new. The new Sliders and rear corners are supposed to fit nicely together behind the door. Is it best to try and mount them up all at the same time or is it best to ensure the rockers are mounted solid then try to fit the corners or vice versa. Just trying to get my best chance at having it look good this time around when it’s first installed. Just so I can go smash it up on the rocks. Hahaha but I’ll at least get one nice photo sesh with it all Purdy.

Sliders first. Then corners, so you can position and trim the corners to fit the sliders
That was my thought too so I can get them square to the door opening and nice ant tight to the bottom but wanted to make sure.

Reactions: jjvw
That was my thought too so I can get them square to the door opening and nice ant tight to the bottom but wanted to make sure.

Your tub isn't straight anymore. The best place to correct any misalignment is where the slider and corner meet. No one will notice if that section of the corner isn't perfectly square to anything else.

Your tub isn't straight anymore. The best place to correct any misalignment is where the slider and corner meet. No one will notice if that section of the corner isn't perfectly square to anything else.
Yeah my tub especially. It’s pretty crushed under the current armor on the left corner already. I actually have two good Tj tubs sitting on pallets maybe I’ll swap it out one day.

Reactions: jjvw
So as I’ve said in other posts I’m switching from steel to Aluminum armor and it’s the new generation of armor so the hose unfortunately are not aligned from old to new. The new Sliders and rear corners are supposed to fit nicely together behind the door. Is it best to try and mount them up all at the same time or is it best to ensure the rockers are mounted solid then try to fit the corners or vice versa. Just trying to get my best chance at having it look good this time around when it’s first installed. Just so I can go smash it up on the rocks. Hahaha but I’ll at least get one nice photo sesh with it all Purdy.
" The new Sliders and rear corners are supposed to fit nicely together"

Are the sliders and corners the same brand or are they different? if they are the same they should fit w/o too much work

" The new Sliders and rear corners are supposed to fit nicely together"

Are the sliders and corners the same brand or are they different? if they are the same they should fit w/o too much work
Everything if from Genright.

If we have both, we mock the sliders in place and check the corner fit on the overlap. If we can only do one, sliders first.

Reactions: rasband and Rescue6
Not even close. The tubs are all pretty mangled by now and it is rare they fit properly. If it is a TJ Unlimited, I'll bet good money it isn't straight.
I guess maybe I was lucky, but then again my tub was in like new condition