Best place to buy a winch?

I’ve been looking into winches more seriously now, my top choice is the Smittybilt x20 comp 10k. I was debating buying the badlands apex winch since it’s $100 off right now, but I still prefer the smittybilt.

The smitttbilt is currently $624 on Amazon, although the price fluctuates a lot. I found it on a website called wicked rigs for $549 here and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? I also found it cheap new on eBay, but I want to make sure I can still get the warranty. Should I just stick with Amazon?

Buy the best and only cry once, Harbor Freight Badlands 12,000#.

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
They made a PLB but people were hitting them in resorts so they banned them. I trek a day or 2 out into mountains. Want a “panic” button. Something that could used off road as well. For similar “in case shit” moment. You seemed agains the InReach and other subscriptions.

If you are in a situation that requires a beacon I'm sure nobody will complain. A resort doesn't seem like a place you'd need one. I'm not against InReach, it's a great way to keep your loved ones informed. Doesn't really sound like you need either.

Wish we had a 4wp around here, there’s not even any in New England. The closest one is PA
I worked for the parent company that owned 4WP, Transamerica, and I used a half-dozen 4WP stores to install ProComp lift kits and wheels/tires onto Jeeps plus Dodge, Ford, and Chevy trucks. Be happy you don't have a 4WP store, their quality is anything but consistent and often poor. I was constantly having to educate the installers on even basic things like pinion angles. Even the area manager in charge of all of the techs/installers was very weak technically. I personally would never have any work done by them for my Jeep when I worked for them. I even pissed my manager off by refusing to run ProComp tires that he kept pushing me to run on my TJ. I knew better. Their sales staff quality is equally "iffy". Many will knowingly leave out expensive but required parts like SYE kits and aftermarket CV driveshafts from suspension lifts they sold since they knew the added price would stop the sale. It's only after the suspension lift was installed the customer would drive away with big vibrations and then get pissed after learning they have to spend way more $$$ on the SYE and CV driveshaft that should have been part of the initial quote. Their sales staff was commission driven and often only told half the story to the customer to get them to give them their credit card to get things rolling. I'll never go into another 4WP store.

Buy the best and only cry once, Harbor Freight Badlands 12,000#.
I'm in HFT all the time for various things, many of their tools have very acceptable quality at a low cost. But if it has a power cord hanging out of it I won't touch it. Their electric products, in my personal experience, just plain suck. And if I was looking at a winch to buy, Badlands wouldn't even be on my long list let alone my short list.