Best product to reduce heat from transmission tunnel?

Would be more effective on the outside of the tub instead of the inside.
Ive had reflective on the outside my trans tunnel for yrs no problems.
It would get destroyed out there where as inside it will last pretty much forever.
Should be fine if inatalled properly. My reflective has lasted for years on the outside in a trans tunnel no problems.
Roll on would also help with rust prevention.

Ive had reflective on the outside my trans tunnel for yrs no problems.

Should be fine if inatalled properly. My reflective has lasted for years on the outside in a trans tunnel no problems.
Roll on would also help with rust prevention.

Sound deadener goes on the inside of your tub. Not the outside. To many painfully obvious problems to even bother mentioning. The least of which is getting to the entire bottom of the tub with everything that is in the way. And clean up - so it would even stick. Ridiculous idea. Put it on the inside. Like every single guy or company that's ever laid sound deadener.

One note on the Home Depot product. It's very very thin. And the asphalt is runny. The rolls at my local HD actually had runny fluid inside the package. It also off gasses some chemicals you don't want to be inhaling. It's asphalt based. It's meant to melt into your roof so that it fills any holes or cracks. Like the asphalt or tar that they roof houses with.

That's not to say it won't work. Tons of guys have used it. But if you look at it in the store compared to actual sound deadener there is no comparison. And the Noico is very cheap. This is a serious case of buy once cry once. As once you put it down. It's not coming back up. And if it stinks or runs. You've got it on the inside of your vehicle for life.

I think Chris spent less than a hundred bucks doing his TJ in Noico. And Noico is leaps and bounds a better product than the HD stuff. I've done deep research on all the options out there. And I wouldn't use the HD stuff. When a hundred bucks or less will get you a much higher quality product.

Sound deadener goes on the inside of your tub. Not the outside. To many painfully obvious problems to even bother mentioning. The least of which is getting to the entire bottom of the tub with everything that is in the way. And clean up - so it would even stick. Ridiculous idea. Put it on the inside. Like every single guy or company that's ever laid sound deadener.

One note on the Home Depot product. It's very very thin. And the asphalt is runny. The rolls at my local HD actually had runny fluid inside the package. It also off gasses some chemicals you don't want to be inhaling. It's asphalt based. It's meant to melt into your roof so that it fills any holes or cracks. Like the asphalt or tar that they roof houses with.

That's not to say it won't work. Tons of guys have used it. But if you look at it in the store compared to actual sound deadener there is no comparison. And the Noico is very cheap. This is a serious case of buy once cry once. As once you put it down. It's not coming back up. And if it stinks or runs. You've got it on the inside of your vehicle for life.

I think Chris spent less than a hundred bucks doing his TJ in Noico. And Noico is leaps and bounds a better product than the HD stuff. I've done deep research on all the options out there. And I wouldn't use the HD stuff. When a hundred bucks or less will get you a much higher quality product.

Thanks for that info, I'm back to the plan of Noico. I am a DIY guy and I like finding the best deal but when it comes to fumes and vapors I'm very sensitive and I can't have that in my Jeep.
I bought a set of rubber floor mats for the Mrs. Jeep and spent a month of UV rays, vinegar, baking soda, Dawn and finally Pinesol to wind up with something that was usable and still has a Pinesol/Rubber scent when you get right up on it.

Yeah go back and read the op heat reduction not sound deadner which is what i was responding to.
Sound deadner inside will work but reflecting the heat source outside before absorbing it is the most effective way.
No need to do the outside of the entire tub just the trans tunnel.

This is what I used. I can't tell you it is better or worse than any other because it is the only one I have ever used. It works. I also put a boom mat in the cab top. That is awesome. Probably any of the above will work better than none of the above. Jeeps are hot and noisy. This helps it be less hot and noisy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2N9F3U/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Id think twice before using that stick on insulation if your ever subject to water leaking inside. All the jeeps I've owned leaked on the passenger side after washing it or a heavy rain storm. And the one time I ran with a bikini top to the store a cloud passed over head and dumped 2 inches of water in my jeep lol Long story short that stick on stuff is a sponge and will more than likely rust the jeep over time. It took more time removing all that sticky stuff than it did installing. Id recommend this product as it worked great for me and easily removable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RPG0DO/?tag=wranglerorg-20