Best replacement mirrors?

Glen T

2000 Jeep TJ....Door mount
I just can't can't keep them tight.
Which seems to be the same problem with the aftermarket one from what I've read from the reviews.

As long as they fit the factory mounts on the 2000.
You might try pulling back the rubber dust cover on your existing mirrors and tighten the adj screw first.

If you do want to upgrade, several companies offer factory style mirrors. Linked below is an option. They are 03+ factory style and wont move around as easily as the ones you currently have on your Jeep.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_0320_14.htm

One of the first things I did to my Jeep is moved to the newer model mirrors. I had the old style on a yj I had and knew what a fight they were.

I just bought a pair of OEM 03-06 mirrors in good condition for my OEM '97 half doors for $80 on ebay.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I personally hate the newer style mirrors. I tried them and didn't like them at all. I much prefer the pre-03 mirrors. I just returned the mirrors, and painted my olds ones and kept using them.

I got a set of export market early TJ mirrors and they're awesome. I don't know if you'll be able to find any since the pair I got came from a surplus bin at Omix when I was working there, but the wide angle driver side is much better than the US market ones.

I picked the Quadratec of 03-06 mirrors for the half doors I got recently, fit great and don't have any more mirror vibrations than the set on my full doors

Ive got a 2001 TJ and just replaced the door hinges with some from Extreme Terrain. Awesome hinges however the stock morrows won't fit back on. it's due to a little plastic lip around the bottom of the mirror. any suggestions?

Ive got a 2001 TJ and just replaced the door hinges with some from Extreme Terrain. Awesome hinges however the stock morrows won't fit back on. it's due to a little plastic lip around the bottom of the mirror. any suggestions?

First, welcome.
So, the mirrors used to fit.
You replaced the hinges with aftermarket ones.
Now there's something wrong with the mirrors? :unsure: